Vogue Italia September 2012 : Carolyn Murphy by Steven Meisel

i love the cover! so much better than the VI covers these days.. im surprised that they chose carolyn tho

Love it, probably my fav. cover this year, along with the july and february ones. Can't wait to see the Couture supplement

It's a very innovative cover (despite that picture posted) but it looks a bit scary, at least for me. Looking forward to the main editorial.

It's Carolyn, b*tch! I love it already. :heart: She just looks stunning. Glad that she's working with Meisel again considering that they did so many amazing and memorable works in the past. The inspiration seems interesting. So looking forward to seeing the main ed. Hoping for an MG cast again like with the past two issues.

It's an interesting cover. It somehow plays with your perception of image with the double use of Carolyn and mannequin heads. I like that part about it, but cannot necessarily say I am as psyched as everyone else seems to be. But alas, the text included actually makes some sense with the image and in an interesting way. (play of the word "Multifaceted" with multiple mannequin faces)

I don't know whether or not the preview is from the main story (it looks like that could be the case, it has the same kind of wit and idiosyncracy as the cover), but if it is I hope the main story is different from what I am thinking because I would like to see something different from these kind of ridiculous, over-the-top high fashion stories that Meisel has been doing a lot of this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just so happy to see Lara on Vogue Italia that I'll probably buy this for her, the idea behind the cover is just amazing, but I agree with some of you saying he might not do a great job with it. Just gonna wait to see the rest before the final judgement, I'm kind of excited for the rest!

Who's the other model? Looks like Lara, at first I thought it was Natasha :unsure:

that's a cover! vogue italia doing its best! :clap:

the idea is so simple yet so original! not a fan of carolyn herself as well, but she works in that! back to 90s beauty!

This cover is pretty striking. Some time ago someone showed me a picture of an old VI cover with Carolyn and Guinevere wearing prada with similar prints to this season's. I thought they might re do it again , but I actually like this better. I just wish text was darker or centered.

All that came to mind was the music video from Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)....lol, love it though....

The cover is sensational, I'm getting such a fantastic vintage Vogue Italia vibe from it. Fantastic.

:heart:

I tried to edit it by myself but it just looked awful...

There's a big picture to edit. Who accepts/takes the challenge?

facebook - vogue italia

Carolyn looks beautiful! A little too pulled, but still beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->