Vogue Japan July 2024 : Angelina Jolie by Takuya Uchiyama

It's a nice cover. Good colors, good styling.

the editorial would be better with a model in it. Like those designer + model eds.

It's more Bazaar than Vogue, but I'll take it. I like that they're showcasing Japanese Artisans. This is sure to get them attention.

A poor cover and editorial. I would prefer to see Japanese models on the cover and in the editorials.

Fabulous. Hollywood tier production. The editorial makes perfect sense and would be something the Japanese want to see.

This shoot is the result of the best PR and management money can buy.

They reprinted an editorial from another edition that was released last January.

The textile technician side of me likes the shots with the indigo dyeing, but I hate how composed this all is.

If she wants to promote her brand and have a sense of honest rawness to it, Angelina should have thought better. Either something less polished or they could have done something akin to Tim Walker's "In the Land of Dreamy Dreams" for UK Vogue's May 2015 issue with a more 'Behind the Manufacturing Scenes' take with Angelina wearing the pieces among the settings.

Not my favourite of Angelina Jolie covers, but I do like the muted colour palette. I'm a fan of how the pale yellow masthead complements the cover photograph, and it all seems very well thought out. However, this does just feel like total non-event of a cover...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->