Vogue Japan June 2019 : Naomi Campbell by Luigi & Iango

Am I the only one not seeing the excessive photoshop here? Aside from a few wrinkles edited out, I feel like she more or less looks the same here as she does in recent live interviews and non-professional photographs.

That second cover is so much better!!!

Those covers that are always better than the actual cover - what are they? Are they like a part of the editorial? Subscribers covers? Separate newsstand covers? I never understood their purpose.

Those covers that are always better than the actual cover - what are they? Are they like a part of the editorial? Subscribers covers? Separate newsstand covers? I never understood their purpose.

From what I gathered from previous Twitter conversations among fashion people, these multiple covers are always digital covers made specifically to please models but foremost their modeling agencies. In this f*** era of ``influencers´´ agencies pull all their strings to get as much exposure as they can with their talents; therefore they require magazines to send them or create for them these digital covers. In the end models are happy, agencies show their models being on many covers and print magazines try to stay relevant.

However, having said that, what history has showed me is that the more covers magazines make with different models, the more confusing it looks and the more unfocused the vision is. However I like when magazines (when they pull it off brilliantly) make multiple covers of the same person.

With all that extra effort they could as well print them. They'd make awesome collector's editions.

A thousand times better than last month's forgettable offering. Aside from Naomi's missing arm in the cover shot, I was sold upon first look at this. It's a refreshing departure from Naomi's dark British Vogue cover by Meisel.

Cannot stress enough how these Luigi & Iango covers feel like a total treat amongst the mediocrity that most other Vogue's insist on putting out nowadays. I am so unbelievably grateful for them lately!

Naomi, The Beautiful

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Renee Garnes
Manicure: Gina Edwards
Cast: Naomi Campbell

[URL='http://imgbox.com/S2hYgFR9']
xvY4qecc_t.jpg
[/URL]
YHplVrcj_t.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Beauty is Where You Find It

Photographer: Sharif Hamza
Stylist: Beth Fenton
Hair: Braydon Nelson
Makeup: Romy Soleimani
Manicure: Jini Lim
Cast: Charli Howard

[URL='http://imgbox.com/34IRRly1']
GnMx45Q7_t.jpg
[/URL]
oGxloa78_t.jpg

The Subject of Simplicity

Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Pierpaolo Lai
Makeup: Christelle Cocquet
Manicure: Anny Errandonea
Cast: Bente Oort

[URL='http://imgbox.com/bewZADGX']
7wjnWDWu_t.jpg
[/URL]
L6F3ft1W_t.jpg

Looking at Each Other

Photographer: Walter Chin
Stylist: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Thomas Hintermaier
Makeup: Makky P
Manicure: Kiyo Okada
Cast: Carissa Pinkston, Elien Swalens, Janaye Furman, Jazelle, Juliane Schurig, Ling Liu, Madi Landram, Madisin Rian, Mona Matsuoka, Nissa, Skylar Tartz

[URL='http://imgbox.com/I0GJvDXi']
PSBzzlml_t.jpg
[/URL]
TTVaLgXG_t.jpg

In the Golden Eye

Photographer: Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: Peter Philips
Manicure: Naomi Yasuda
Cast: Bella Hadid

I’m 100% sure that next month cover story will be an extended version of this ed

Were they intentionally trying to make Naomi look like Michael Jackson...I actually quite liked the cover but they need to chilllll with the photoshop! She's nearly 50 ffs, it's okay for her to have some wrinkles.

As I think MagFan once said, it's always 'Luigi & Iango by (super)models' vs. 'models by Luigi & Iango'...these women make their work good, not the other way around! Very bored of their plastic (not so) fantastic imagery, but I guess this is what consitutes glamour nowadays.

Naomi looks lovely in some images here, in others she looks airbrush whipped within an inch of her life.

The newsstand cover is not good to me.. if it were Kendall doing that expression we'd definitely see different comments about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Augustina15
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->