Vogue Mexico & Latin America June 2022 : Millie Bobby Brown by Claudia Knoepfel

I was about to say that I’d take Lila Moss over Millie but that is not accurate. BUT I would take literally anybody ASIDE from Lila.

sometimes i see photos of her and literally have no idea who it is

she’s 16 right? looks like she’s 30!!! and giving Keira Knightley vibes for some reason.

could and should be better.

Another forgettable cover for VM...i wonder if they use the same image for Vogue Latam....something is not working on here: Claudia is a good photographer but it is a bad editing, or too much pressure from Edward on how to do things or Karla can't handle the change of EIC to HOC and as Edward is her "friend" (you have to be cautious in fashion) maybe she cannot control things in a way....

It really makes me sad because I adore Karla. I talked to her a few times and she was so nice and charming to me. A lovely woman, and I won't forget that. I really blame the global strategy for their recent covers, I totally point that. Before this happened, her magazine (I'm talking about Latin American version) was a pleasure to buy every month. I hope she returns to her roots or have more freedom to make a great Vogue again. About Millie, I find so random to finding her on the cover since almost a 95% of girls of Vogue M&L were latinas or have their roots with this part of the world (I'm talking since the first Vogue Values issue in 2020, the March 2021 was an exception). I think Millie is 18 now, she looks a bit to a young Carrie Fisher, a gorgeous woman. I don't find this like a tragic cover, but if you stopped using models on the covers because they don't represent latinos or diversity, but then you put a Hollywood star there, I find it unfair. I know why there's no models here most of the covers like the past, but if you wanna shake things for good, do it in a beautiful and glamorous way. I don't blame Karla, again or her team (love Valentina Collado as well). That Tindi Mar cover was stunning and a good example about what VM can do as a magazine. The preasure from CN and sales is doing their part. My last comment is about the pride month. They did an issue by Giampaolo Sgura in 2018, dedicated to free love. It wasn't explicit in the editorials (as VI Sep 2017), but they use all the colors and androgyny to represent the theme. Millie character has an androgyny look, so she can represent well the pride month. I bet many people from LGBTQ+ feel represented by her in ST.

She looks like Natalie Portman in Black Swan.
She doesn’t look like a 18 yo girl. She always look like an older woman.

Millie character has an androgyny look, so she can represent well the pride month. I bet many people from LGBTQ+ feel represented by her in ST.

She is violently homophobic and regularly terrorizes the community. Beyond inappropriate to give her this cover.

Someone I would literally never expect to see on the cover of this edition of Vogue. Globalization at its finest.

So sorry. I never saw the series but I have seen the pictures of her. My bad.
Actually she’s not. Twitter acc made memes of her being homophobic just to make fun of Millie

This is my favorite bit from that article:

"If I’m being honest, I’ll admit to seeing some dark hilarity in this meme; portraying Brown, who seems to be a sweet, tiny human angel, as a vile bigot who mows down gay men with new cars is so ridiculous that it pushes these statements into the realm of surreal humor. It’s a dark satirization of the gross absurdity of the real world (where we just passed the two-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting), and for some, laughing at homophobia in such a ridiculous scenario is a way to undermine and cope with the very real homophobia in the world today … Again, to be very clear, no one actually believes Brown is a hateful bigot, and there’s no evidence she’s made any statements even remotely related to those being attributed to her. The clear falseness of the meme, the fact that it is an obvious exercise in absurdity, makes it possible to compartmentalize the joke of a homophobic Millie Bobby Brown from the actual Millie Bobby Brown."

Since Millie is now an adult celebrity whose career has clearly not suffered as a result of these jokes, which no one actually believes, I don't see the issue.

Hair ruined it, should have been neater considering that the outfit has a lot going on

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->