Vogue Netherlands September 2017 by Paul Bellaart

Armani

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
credit: art8amby
Models: Kishana John, Kim Van Der Laan, Nirvana Naves, Nandy Nicodeme & Meta Gewald
Shot by Paul Bellaart & styled by Jetteke Van Lexmond.
20637850_10155010374123031_918192514523720934_n.jpg

They've should've only used Dutch models *sarcasm*

Wow, they couldn't look more blasé? And they're posing in front of an air balloon? Very random.
Dutch Vogue should just lay off group covers of any form, it's clearly not their strongest point at all.

They've should've only used Dutch models *sarcasm*

Well, this is most likely in response to the backlash the EIC got after saying that they don't use black models because very few are on the same level as Imaan Hammam.

Wow, they couldn't look more blasé? And they're posing in front of an air balloon? Very random.
Dutch Vogue should just lay off group covers of any form, it's clearly not their strongest point at all.

Well, this is most likely in response to the backlash the EIC got after saying that they don't use black models because very few are on the same level as Imaan Hammam.

Did the EIC really say that?? Wow.

This cover does indeed suck tho.

Did the EIC really say that?? Wow.

Yep, she did.....

Speaking after Enninful’s appointment, Vogue Nederland editor-in-chief Karin Swerink naively passed the lack of ethnic diversity buck to models of colour and their agencies. She said:

'There is currently only one dark skinned top model in the Netherlands, a favourite of Vogue. It concerns Imaan Hamman … There is absolutely not a lack of goodwill. I consider mainly if [the model] is contemporary and fits in the story that we want to tell. I don’t consider if someone is white or black. That is so unimportant when making a magazine. We keep an eye on some dark girls, such as Nirvana Naves. But, I think that she just has not the potential yet.'

A sobering message indeed. Swerink received a major backlash, and appears to be experimenting with more diverse editorial policies now.

Source: http://theconversation.com/vogue-magazines-complicated-relationship-with-diversity-77360

After all their good 2017 covers I expected a good September cover but this is cheap from head to toe
Bad photography and styling, bad casting, bad posing ... YUCK :(

Who are they? Luna Bijl not available for the September issue?
Not enough money to get a international top/supermodel for the September issue?

Big disappointment

BTW the blonde girl & red girl look interesting ... the others just plain bad
This might have worked with just the 2 of them & a good photographer shot from a different angle

They should get rid of Paul Bellaart because his photography 9/10 times bores me to death

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are they? Luna Bijl not available for the September issue?
Not enough money to get a international top/supermodel for the September issue?

Big disappointment

BTW the blonde girl & red girl look interesting ... the others just plain bad
This might have worked with just the 2 of them & a good photographer shot from a different angle.

Well, no wonder Karin said what she said......

After all their good 2017 covers

Where?

This looks cheap. A low budget Elle can produce a better cover than this one.

Vogue NL needs a shake up. They don't have a vision. They think they do, but they don't.

And my goodness, to be honest they need not be "known" models. when magazines use celebs, why not models, when they use new models, who are they...

And can Editors of these lesser known editions stop the concept that people buy the magazine for who's on the cover. I'd accept an argument like that if this is a commercial magazine. But it's not. People buy because the cover is beautiful, and appealing.

Source: IG Karin Swerink - Editor in Chief Vogue Netherlands
Vogue Netherlands September 2017 by Paul Bellaart.jpg

They all look miserable. But this is VN, I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

The girl on the left looks like she accidentally wandered into the shot on her way to the craft table. I agree its a depressing shot for a cover.
What also is depressing is the fact that last time the EIC claimed that Nirvana wasn't ready to be a covergirl but after all the backlash suddenly she now apparently is. Make up your limited mind Karin.

This must be a joke. It looks like a promo for Top Model. :lol:

They all look like utter misery, not an inviting cover at all

This seems so try-hard after Karin's incredibly ignorant comments.

Vogue Belgium supplement: Ine Neefs by Jennifer Massaux

jennifermassaux.com

Holy eyebrows! Despite that, Ine still looks much better than the main cover models.

Are they doing this supplement with every issue now? The issue seems to arrive at my newsagent without the Belgian supplement, so I have no idea what's in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->