Vogue Netherlands September 2023 : Felice Nova Noordhoff by Luigi & Iango

crmsn

Reaction score
voguecover.jpg

Vogue NL

I'm having the same disappointment I had with Vogue Korea cover now... I hope the editorial is more dynamic, which I was expecting from them with Mariacarla!

I like this. That top is eh, but the overall result is simple but chic. I love her stare and face/pose.

I think it's great. Simple and effective, a stunning girl shot in a classic manner. Luigi and Iango really shine in B&W for me as opposed to color.

i do like it..more than their Vogue Korea cover...but also the stylist had to do with it...

Oh, I do live for little surprises like this! Now THIS feels very celebratory for a September issue, massive kudos to Vogue Netherlands. Very unexpected to see Luigi & Iango shoot a Vogue Netherlands cover and I am totally, absolutely, 100% here for it. The cover itself is pretty much flawless, love the black and white teamed with the shocking pink Vogue masthead and fonts.

She looks a bit sad and lost, but i dig the color sheme.
The preview of the ed is too tacky for my taste. and the references are way too obvious (Linda for Dolce & Gabbana and Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner).

L&I back at Vogue! They always bring glamour to every publication they work. I agree this has some echos from the golden era of Supermodels.

so generic, this could be Vogue Brazil. I hate how all the vogue's are losing their identity. this is so bad

I literally forgot that this edition existed.

Same applies to the model. :tearsofjoy:
This is not how I recall her starting out. She never used to do these coquettish, 101 modelling type of shoots. Maybe it's her career pivot? Although one must as is there still a demand for this 2007 aesthetic in modern fashion?

As for the cover, of course the fashion is just simply tasteless, and of course the art direction too. It's the Netherlands after all. This magazine has been consistently awful under multiple people so the problem must lie with the Dutch fashion community in general.

Probably the best September Vogue cover. She is Nederland's top model.
A tribute to supermodels is apparently better than the "real thing".

A breath of fresh air for Vogue Netherlands. I do wonder if a different font color would’ve worked better.

L&I on autopilot. Time to change references. Despite all that, it's still better than Vogue NL usual output.

Now this one is simply fantastic to me - and perhaps the best cover I've seen all September? It's a bold statement, but the pickings appear to be incredibly slim anyway. Luigi & Iango are my favourite contemporary photographers and it's precisely that old-school glamour and fashion artifice they uphold in their work that appeals to me so much. This here is right up my alley, as expected. Also quite thrilled to see Felice, I always liked her look and this is perhaps the most exciting work I've seen from her. A nice shift from Netherlands' generally dull output.

Further previews look incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->