Vogue Netherlands September 2024 : Doutzen Kroes by Lachlan Bailey

Was she worse than Mona though ? I don't follow models closely, but Mona's work seems unaffected by her Covid behaviour.
True, Mona was a little more combative with hers am surprised that the industry moved on quite fast. Shortly after the 'controversy' she was literally working. That's the danger of cancel culture that its selective, it has made us all hypocrites.

Look everything she did in her career, she did by herself. No connections, no rich family… herself. Hard work. She made a life for her family. And she is entitled to have opinion, whatever that opinion was, that’s her right. So don’t judge, I mean I don’t care, we are who we are bcs we are different.

I just love her, love her work and I think she is truly great model. She deserved her spot in Fashion World.

#GoDoutzenGo ❤️

Look everything she did in her career, she did by herself. No connections, no rich family… herself. Hard work. She made a life for her family. And she is entitled to have opinion, whatever that opinion was, that’s her right. So don’t judge, I mean I don’t care, we are who we are bcs we are different.

I just love her, love her work and I think she is truly great model. She deserved her spot in Fashion World.

#GoDoutzenGo ❤️
I agree! Kroes is entitled to her opinion, whatever it is. She is beautiful and is back! She was at one of Linda Evangelista's book signings last fall and was very welcomed by the legend.

Poor Doutzen! In 2024 she still has to face the backlash in TFS when big pharma is one of the least trusted industries if not most of the time supported by corrupt politicians. I think she looks great even not being season appropriate.
It's not one or the other, you know... blindly trusting the Big Pharma boogeyman or an uneducated model. LOL.

I couldn't care less about her opinions on vaccines. It has been ages since she has done something interesting as a model. Always the same face and that mother earth styling bullsh*t. I like to whine about new generation but girls like Doutzen or Raquel are just as bad. Surviving purely on the fan service.

So don’t judge, I mean I don’t care, we are who we are bcs we are different.

#GoDoutzenGo ❤️

Unfortunately as a public figure her opinion does come with a huge responsibility. If she had given scientifically or expert proven opinions together with some experts to verify that would be a different thing but for Covid considering how many grandparents and vulnerable people died because their families or others believed conspiracy theories makes it a harder. Hopefully she wont be giving medical advise and will keep her opinions to herself or maybe those within her circles.
I do agree that she's an excellent model that can easily cross over from high fashion to natural to commercial to sexy.

I’m convinced that the Nederland team prays to Emmanuelle Alt, and has her entire Vogue Paris memorized as scripture LOL

Controversial model and photographer aside, it's a great cover :shrugs: Doutzen’s story has been executed countless times in Emmanuelle’s Vogue— and has become the lifestyle sensibility for Nederland’s own Vogue Living. And I’ve no issue with this frankly, although norhtiugn new, when it’s executed so well, it's still a pleasure to experience.

Then there’s “Under Statement”… Besides being a directionless fashion “statement”, and a narrative mess that’s just unappealing visually, it’s major cringe how it’s this checkbox list of casting that verges on patronizing: Black representation— from lightskin to darkskin, and from thin to plus-size. And that checks off the prerequisite “MOC” representation for the issue LOL

1 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg

2 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg3 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg4 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg5 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg6 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg7 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg8 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg
9 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg10 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg11 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg12 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg13 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg14 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg15 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg16 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg17 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg18 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg19 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg20 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg

21 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg22 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg23 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg24 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg25 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg26 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg27 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg28 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg

29 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg30 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg31 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg32 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg33 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg34 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg35 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg36 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg37 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg38 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg39 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg40 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg41 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg42 Vogue Nederland 9 2024.jpg
Vogue Nederland September 2024

The editorial is very Vogue Paris, but with the team involved it doesn't surprise me. We've seen it several times and it's still good to see, I just wish it was a little sexier... Doutzen profile still unmatched, it’s PERFECT!

DOWN TO EARTH
Photography:
Lachlan Bailey
Styling: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: Kalle Eklund
Make-up: Anthony Preel
Model: Doutzen Kroes

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

Last edited:
They should have chosen the side profile one as the cover.

And… it’s sad that the world is becoming more and more fascistic. It’s true. You can’t have an opinion anymore especially if you are a famous person. You have to follow the masses. Otherwise… all the boycotts and cancelling this and that. I kinda miss pre-social times.

Nobody had the answers during covid, every decision people made was a gamble. When it comes to passing on vaccines, it's a lot easier to hold that position when you have the means to afford the best healthcare should the worst happen, but as for being "influenced", if someone says put your head in the fire, would you do it? People should make their own reasoned decisions from the evidence available to them, and if they're not capable of that, well, there's no vaccine against stupidity.

I love magazine articles that show someone's cover history. I take it Doutzen has never tried dark hair, she's always stuck to the blonde, because it's worked for her?

I take it Doutzen has never tried dark hair, she's always stuck to the blonde, because it's worked for her?
She was brunette in her Vogue Paris, Vogue US and Versace campaign..

Carine wanted a brunette model, but Testino wanted Doutzen, so she dyed her hair, but had to go back to blonde because of her contract with L'Oréal. At VSFS in 2006 she was kind ginger…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanelIsDead
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->