Vogue Paris Guest Editor Wishlist

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
Vogue Paris has a great tradition of inviting talented, unique guest editors to do special issues for the magazine. In the past they've had icons like Kate Moss, Sofia Coppola and most recently John Galliano come in an do incredible issues. My question is who would you like to serve as guest editor for a future issue? I think it would be exciting to see who people think should come in, I hope this is allowed.

My personal wishlist:
- Tom Ford
- Gwen Stefani
- Yves Saint Laurent
- Jane Birkin
- Nicolas Ghesquiere
- Azzedine Alaia
- Karl Lagerfeld
- Takashi Murakami
- Anna Wintour :lol:

Anyone else have a person or persons they'd like to see as guest editor for an issue?

your list is flawless! :woot: i would add Marc Jacobs also... And Hedi Slimane!

definetly Nicolas Ghesquiere! And maybe Alexander Mcqueen would be nice

tom ford would be perfect!

also i'd like to see terry richardson!@_@

You'll wish for Tom Ford.... and get Jeff Koons instead. It's only in recent times that the 'guest editor' has been someone inside fashion. Looking through past decades, it's frequently been an artist - or someone artsy - instead, like Hockney, Rostropovich, Baryshnikov or directors such as Martin Scorsese & Orson Welles.

To stop the sense of it being 'incestuous' I think I'd prefer to see someone from outside step in, someone who'd bring a whole new eye to the world of fashion. If I had to pick a director, I'd opt for Peter Greenaway, in the hope that he'd create a visual universe that would be beyond anything you could imagine.

Though I will never forget the great issue of French Vogue that was dedicated to physics. Stylish and smart.

Nicolas Ghesquiere DEFINITELY!!!

and Alber Elbaz!!! :wub:

It is so funny, when I saw the title Tom Ford popped into my mind! He is an artist and a genius! I would keep that issue as a collector's item.:blush:

[SIZE=-1]Wong Kar-Wai
M.I.A.
Liz Goldwyn
Chuck Close
Mary Ping
Kim Gordon
[/SIZE] Alfonso Cuarón

Lawwwlll!

Wong Kar Wai is so popular! He was EXACTLY the person that came to mind when I read the title.

jennifer~, <3s for M.I.A.

Well said, as the Dalai Lama's already done an issue in the past - Dec/Jan 92-93 (image from iconography.net).

Attachments

• Dalai.jpg
    Dalai.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicolas Ghesquiere, Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood or Terry Richardson would be absolute perfection, for me.

Oh, and maybe not a guest editor but I'd like to see an entire issue of Vogue Paris shot by Mario Sorrenti.

great the Dalai Lama rocks^^
from which country is it? China?

definetly Nicolas Ghesquiere! And maybe Alexander Mcqueen would be nice
McQueen guest edited British Vogue for...December 2005 I believe...with Gwyneth on the cover. He did this really sexy, dark 1960's Hitchcockian photoshoot about a depressed middle aged woman who murders her husband. It fit very well with his FW 05 collection (one of my personal McQueen favorites). I'd like to see him guest edit again...can never get enough McQueen!

I, too, would like to see Ghesquiere edit, JPG, too, Stefano Pilati would be a dream...imagine...it'd be the most sophisticated magazine issue ever!:lol: But, from the fashion world, I think I'd love to see Lacroix edit the most. His style is so ecclectic, silly, sophisticated, opulent and SO recognizable, I'd love to see what he would do with Vogue Paris.

As far as fashion outsiders being guest editors, Tim Burton would be so cool for a fall issue...his dark, artistic, quirky, stylized and often sophisticated work would be very interesting to see translate into a magazine format.

I want Katie Grand to desperately edit Vogue,she would so make it Rock,i have faith in her. :heart:

A YSL/Pierre Bergé guest edit would be kind of funny. I don't if they would think anyone would be quite good enough for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->