Vogue Philippines December 2022/January 2023 : Anne Curtis by Mark Nicdao

Preview:

6FC3233D-9C49-40A4-8574-03B4DAAE3F2A.jpeg 929E9D59-BEFB-4514-B4A4-0CA489922F1A.jpeg E345D17B-02D8-4FDC-B53B-3806FBE3A61E.jpeg C95F9ACC-AB8A-4B4D-91D3-6B2B0A7BE462.jpeg E558D620-0614-455C-9359-8B75721F28CC.jpeg B9C820BA-358A-4583-9033-A3A7FCF6D88E.jpeg EC734B1D-C646-4710-B4A3-E35D96EE697E.jpeg 4193CE13-4FB9-4DFB-9A2F-14E928ADEF98.jpeg B5EE8028-CF6E-410F-B8C2-9A1506E8201D.jpeg

Photography: Mark Nicdao, Fashion Director: Pam Quiñones, Stylist: Renee De Guzman, Makeup: Robbie Piñera, Hair: Raymond Santiago, Nails: Extraordinail, Art Director: Jann Pascua, Producer: Anz Hizon, Production Assistant: Adam Pereyra, Photographer’s Assistant: Phillip Nicdao, Arsan Holifeña, Alex Capongcol, Crisaldo Soco, Villie James Bautista, Stylist’s Assistant: Steven Coralde, Special thanks to Justine Arcega-Bumanlag, Garden Barn Inc. and Umbra

vogue.ph

It's 176 pages thick. It's a double cover issue and I think the other cover features an AI-generated model.

With four issues in, my only complain is that they should have more editorials inside. 3-4 editorials per issue seems lazy.

Oh, and they should also proofread their magazine. One of last issue's article titles was incorrect.

It's 176 pages thick. It's a double cover issue and I think the other cover features an AI-generated model.

With four issues in, my only complain is that they should have more editorials inside. 3-4 editorials per issue seems lazy.

Oh, and they should also proofread their magazine. One of last issue's article titles was incorrect.

They probably don't have enough budget. They should've folded Mega and direct all their resources to Vogue.

I haven't bought an issue since their debut. I don't know if am gonna buy this one

That's not too bad, especially if the editorials are originals and not reprints. The November issue of Vogue US had three fashion editorials, not counting fashion and beauty features.

nice cover...not so sure about the editorial though

I will still buy it regardless. Happy to see Anne on the cover. They should also feature other Filipinas on the cover. Love that we have original editorials but have to agree that it should be more since this issue is for 2 months.

They're supposed to have two covers, but they decided not to go with the other one. It features an AI-generated model wearing a terno. Kinda like Vogue Taiwan's cover in 2020. It's on their "contents" section right below Anne's cover photo.

Not a fan of Anne's cover. I hate the cover blurb and its placement. I also dislike the gradient masthead. I prefer red or a gold foil instead.

I was conversing with a fellow Vogue PH reader on Instagram awhile ago, and we both agreed that Vogue PH lacks identity yet. It's like they had a vision of what this magazine should be like but they aren't good at executing it.

The cover is gorgeous. Love that green colour. Is my favorite tone. Teal is the correct name, right?

Supremely lush cover. Very classic Horst Vogue with a hint of Meisel’s Madonna Erotica album cover. The coverstory however, is... at least technically passable; the funhouse mirror shots are solid. Will leave it at that.

If I were to give an impression just going by their inaugural covershot and this current covershot, I would be so excited for Vogue Philippines. Unfortunately the content gives away that this is just Mega Magazine with the Vogue masthead. They really need to make an effort to move beyond the Glenda’s Bazaar of the annoyingly, glaringly over-saturated palette and over-processed retouching that’s been a constance with Mega if they’d like their Vogue to stand apart.

That's a bit... excessively cheap. But I guess they tried.

IMG_20221206_122019 (1).jpg

My Dec/Jan issue arrived last Sunday. The cover looks a lot better in print and the gradient masthead fits the overall aesthetic of the image as well, though I still prefer them not having a cover blurb (they should stop with the ugly kerning like what Vogue US was doing earlier this year).

I can confirm that there should be a second cover for this issue with Filipina model, Taki (IG: oiitstaki), which was photographed by Shaira Luna. Her shoot was featured on pages 74 and 176, but the cover image is an AI-generated version of her cover shoot.

176 pages in total with 3 editorials inside. The highlights of this issue are the AI-themed editorial distilled from Shaira's photo shoot with Taki, titled "Paraiso" (Paradise), and "Ten Days of Seeing" that features beautiful photographs and digital arts from ten Filipino creatives who were selected by this magazine.

Anne Curtis' cover story is amateurish to say the least. I was a huge fan of Mark Nicdao's photography back when he was still shooting glamour photo shoots for a local men's magazine here, but they did not fully show his full potential judging by these overly-saturated photos. Anne's a favorite when it comes to cover shoots, and this is nothing compared to her previous works. They can have Aya Cabauatan, Renzo Navarro, and Andrea Genota who are less known than Mark but with promising portfolios if they'd like to, to be honest.

Review:
Paraiso (16p)
Photographed by Shaira Luna
Fashion Director: Pam Quiñones
Editor: Ticia Almazan
Model:. Taki
Landscape Designer: Bianca Carague

Age of Influence (8p)
Photographed by Mark Nicdao
Fashion Director: Pam Quiñones
Styled by: Renee de Guzman
Makeup by: Robbie Piñera
With: Anne Curtis

Festive Fancy (8p)
Photographed by Borgy Angeles
Edited by Joyce Oreña
Styled by Patrick Galang
Hair by Noel Muncada and Toni & Guy Team
With: Janine Tugonon, Graciela del Fierra, and Sherlaine Yap

The cover photograph has a certain Mario Testino quality to it and I’m not complaining. It’s bold, graphic, catches the eye and feel as though this is the best Vogue Philippines cover I’ve seen.

They could have chosen way better images from the editorial but NOPE.
Amateur team I guess.

Cover #2:

It looks like they'll send out copies with this cover for free when you purchase their forthcoming February issue right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixlehr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->