Vogue Portugal July/August 2020 : The Madness Issue

Vogue Portugal is my favorite edition. The cover is beautiful. I love everything about it.

They should've just settled for Marjan's photo for their cover since the other two are unnecessary.
That's the constant fault with their edition.

Honestly, between serving pure frivolous escapism through fashion photography these days and doing things like this, the second option sounds away more insensitive than the first one...

Why on earth would you put a cover like this on a fashion magazine without even trying to make it fashionable? It would still be open to backlashes, but it would come across as something awaaay more logical and in-touch with reality than just trying to make such subject "cool".

First cover is being dragged on social media. Sara Sampaio also wrote about mental health representation and the bast taste of the picture.

The cover 3/4 is amazing! The other three are shameful.

Cover 1 and 4 proves just how backward the people are who made them. The last one looks like they've borrowed the heart prop from a biology classroom. It's all so literal and contrived, and clearly shows a lack of understanding when it comes to mental health.

But the 'theme' as a whole is just so confusing. As usual this edition is making it up as they go along and it shows.

First is just in bad taste, Girl Interrupted but make it fashion, the one with the ballgowns is good though.

I think that’s the problem, they *didn’t* make it fashion. It’s such a literal and stilted take on mental health/madness. I appreciate, in the midst of all the pandering and unimaginative Covid-era covers that they went in a darker direction and there’s a place for borderline offensive or confrontational fashion photography, but it has to be good to be impactful and this just isn’t.

I really like the concept of cover #2 but the execution is uninspired. Cover 3 is pretty good. Cover 4 makes me feel sick to my stomach. Disgusting.

“let’s make every editorial a cover” is lame. And those two first cover are straight up garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->