Vogue Portugal October 2017 : Karolina, Hana & Maria by Branislav Simoncik

All covers are beautiful but KK's cover is just sublime. Looking forward to this new era as well although they have been giving us great covers recently.

They changed the editor in chief and the publishing partnership. This is the first issue under them. Karina, the new market director posted today in her instagram

I actually think they changed the whole team. Or at least the core team. They were under a publishing group that just dropped them out of nowhere and now the group responsible for GQ Portugal "bought" the licensing for Vogue.

Bought the magazine today. It was wrapped in plastic so I wasn't able to go through the contents before buying. And I totally understand why now.

Although the covers look, indeed, amazing, the magazine lacks much. 5€, 289 pages, only 4 editorials, one of them a re-print. Plenty of other re-printed articles. A few non-sense articles (the meaning of colours?) and plenty of "shopping" pages. If we took out all the reprinted/translated stuff the magazine would be down to half its volume.

It feels empty, without direction. There's a few good articles, a few "touches" that really look like an improvement from its past incarnation but I was expecting more. It feels like GQ meets Elle at times.

That said, the original editorials are very good, something that can't be said of most Vogues.

Maybe they just need more budget! I think with a bigger budget this magazine can go the way of Vogue Australia (when they were good, it looks like they're getting back to that now). They too used to rely heavily on reprinted content, but the standard of everything they produced themselves was outstanding.

Bought the magazine today. It was wrapped in plastic so I wasn't able to go through the contents before buying. And I totally understand why now.

Although the covers look, indeed, amazing, the magazine lacks much. 5€, 289 pages, only 4 editorials, one of them a re-print. Plenty of other re-printed articles. A few non-sense articles (the meaning of colours?) and plenty of "shopping" pages. If we took out all the reprinted/translated stuff the magazine would be down to half its volume.

It feels empty, without direction. There's a few good articles, a few "touches" that really look like an improvement from its past incarnation but I was expecting more. It feels like GQ meets Elle at times.

That said, the original editorials are very good, something that can't be said of most Vogues.
Of four editorials, one is reprinted, but it's needless to say that it's 8 vs. 66 pages in volume. Let's give the new credit for effort.

I hope we get some scans of the full main editorial soon. I'm so eager to see it!

Of four editorials, one is reprinted, but it's needless to say that it's 8 vs. 66 pages in volume. Let's give the new credit for effort.

As I said, the editorials are far from being a problem here (although I would have gone to a smaller main edit instead of the massive and at times repetitive main ed). I would also like to see a bit more diversity in creatives (photographers and stylists) and more Portuguese talent. They are also lacking in good written content, that is their major problem, always has been.

As I said, the editorials are far from being a problem here (although I would have gone to a smaller main edit instead of the massive and at times repetitive main ed). I would also like to see a bit more diversity in creatives (photographers and stylists) and more Portuguese talent. They are also lacking in good written content, that is their major problem, always has been.

Can you post the editorials? Masthead?

What a striking set of covers :heart:
Karolina is such a super, I can't with her..THOSE LEGS!

I'm so proud of Branislav Simoncik! It's not every day you see slovak talents on the pages of Vogue. All three covers are amazing and this has to be my favourite cover of Hana. The whole team did great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->