Vogue Singapore Issue #1 by Fish Zhang, Bryan Huynh & Gregory Harris

Oh no :( i was hoping this would be good but the art direction is bad. Definitely feel like the covers would have been better without the circular cut out.

Very tacky fire the person in charge of the layout.

We've already started with the wrong foot. At least they cast Xiao whom I like...

Dear Mod, could you help me change the title to be Autumn/Winter 2020 instead of October 2020? Thank you!

My stance on Male editor for Vogue remains: only Edward is worthy. The rest are just fillers. (This notwithstanding how highly critical I am of Edward).

The third cover is passable, but not for an inaugural issue!

The first cover feels like a cheap knock off of Vogue Italia’s cover with Adut.

The second cover is so cheap that it warrants scant consideration.

Lol at an A/W issue. So this is their only issue for 2020? LOL. CR Fashion Book that you?

^They have a strong luxury market and quite a few magazines already so it does make sense.

Yikes, every single cover is awful. Made even worse by the fact that it's a debut issue, and the first Vogue to my knowledge to go seasonal. I know he didn't have a fair shot, launching a magazine in the middle of a pandemic but all 3 women were photographed so what't the excuse? The photography on the second cover particularly is terrible.
I find the 'Asian' direction with the Chinese and Japanese cast is interesting since most magazines in Singapore look to the UK and America for cover stars. That will probably set Vogue apart. But why not do it at a later stage and look for Singaporean models/celebrities instead?

I just don't know how it can be this bad when his Esquire was so good. Oh well, guess Angelica and Leslie won't lose any sleep. They're still winning!

Well, at least I’m beyond glad to see Xiao Wen getting another Vogue cover lol

One cover is enough since this issue is monumental to them. Putting three covers for their inaugural issue may lose the oomph factor of what could have been a special issue in reader's perspectives.

I like Diya's the most. It's very futuristic and the font works on the image.

Oh god, i don't know why i expected them to impress me with their debut, but not a single cover here grabs my attention!

Only the first cover looks interesting. It feels very Nick Knight.

Hideous. Hello, is this Vogue Hong Kong cheaper (even cheaper...) version?
What's with the layout and the stupid shapes? British indie magazines have more production value than this. If I were to hire my art college A-level classmate at the time to do a cover, they would've done better than this.

Do we need another Vogue?
What's next?? Vogue Quebec? Vogue Arkansas?

Mmm...compared to most European countries, Singaporeans actually have more buying power when it comes to luxury goods. So their inception (or should I say return?) is long overdue compared to Vogue CS, for instance.

But unfortunately, they seem to have f’d up their debut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->