Vogue Singapore September 2024 : Sasha Pivovarova by Domen + Van De Velde

This could easily be a cover and story from 2012 and that is a good thing!

Love Sasha! And I really enjoy the first cover. The second I hate the hair and wish it were the same as the first one.

Models from this time, and earlier (and maybe a tad later) is something I appreciate when they pop up. What I am distracted by though is that they really don't "fit" with the fashions of now. I can't explain it, but there's such a huge disconnect between what they do and/or can bring as a model by presence alone and what current fashion brings. Or really, what it lacks. It's odd, and very uncanny in a way.

Modern day fashion doesn't deserve them.

90s supermodels seems to fit in easier with the conventions of 2024, because they're well used to doing a wide range of commercial work, including a lot of non-fashion stuff where they were hired for name alone. They bring decades of experience in posing while calculating how much they'll get paid per minute.

Love Sasha! And I really enjoy the first cover. The second I hate the hair and wish it were the same as the first one.

Models from this time, and earlier (and maybe a tad later) is something I appreciate when they pop up. What I am distracted by though is that they really don't "fit" with the fashions of now. I can't explain it, but there's such a huge disconnect between what they do and/or can bring as a model by presence alone and what current fashion brings. Or really, what it lacks. It's odd, and very uncanny in a way.
It’s interesting you mentioned that, even Sasha said something similar.

This is an excerpt from her interview with Vogue Singapore
“I would love to time travel to between 2000 and 2012. This period was incredibly interesting because it was a time when talented designers were at the forefront, crafting unique collections that defined trends, It was an era of genuine creativity and innovation, when fashion was driven by artistic expression.”

vogue.sg

SASHA PIVOVAROVA ON THE GOLDEN ERA OF FASHION (HQ)
Photography: Domen & Van de Velde
Styling: Nicola Formichetti
Hair: Joeri Rouffa
Make-up: Maki Ryoke
Model: Sasha Pivovarova

vogue.sg

The sight of Sasha Pivovarova on the cover of Vogue just feels like such a treat, even more so September. I wouldn’t change a single element to either of these two covers. They’re both fantastic. So vibrant, fresh and full of nostalgia.

Models who can model! But I hate how every time a 2000s model is hired there is a ‘nostalgia’ connotation attached. They’re not that old!

I love when kitsch is done tastefully (would it be possible, though? lol). There's something really authentic about the covers and editorial. Sasha is a very dynamic model and seeing her is definitely a treat after all these years. Great memories (reminds me of my early tfs days when we had to wait for a dedicated member to scan the magazine pages)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->