W Korea December 2015 : Sasha Pivovarova by Emma Summerton

russianelf

Reaction score
Model: Sasha Pivovarova
Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Natasha Royt

fashiongonerogue.com

A bit Steven Klein-ish but gorgeous nevertheless.

It's like seeing Steven Klein photography that got a Sarah Burton treatment (McQueen feminized).

But still these are gorgeous! Dark but still romantic and appropriate for the season!

The first cover is just horrendous... a way too much photoshop anyway... but the first cover takes it to another level...

I feel for any photographer nowadays that produces a shot with a predominately blue palette and and add a blue filter in post; you’re instantly accused of ripping off Klein LOL

They’re very pretty and icy composites. But why have they retouched Sasha to look so gaunt— with such limp hair????? She looks like she's straining in both shots. What happened to her beautiful heart-shaped face…?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another winner from W Korea. Both covers look stunning, and I love the styling. This icy blue mood does look an awful lot like Klein's work, but to be fair this is very much one of Summerton's varietals, especially when you look at her work for Vogue Australia.

These colors are awful. Everything looks so dead. Even Sasha can't help.

This just looks like it's so desperately clinging to the past. Everything about the images are dated, to me.

PHOTOGRAPHER: EMMA SUMMERTON
MODEL: SASHA PIVOVAROVA
STYLING: NATASHA ROYT
HAIR: ROLANDO BEAUCHAMP
MAKE UP: MARLA BELT
NAILS: ALICIA TORELLO

photocouture-show.com

I love the styling and set, they went overboard with the photoshop on the face though...

I am sorry but I find fhe first shot almost unethical for the reasons that cannot be discussed in this thread.

It looks like she had cheek amputation or something... A little bit more retouching and this could be a perfect cover for Iron Maiden's new album...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->