Vogue Taiwan January 2020 : Joanne Tseng by Chou Mo

Benn98

Reaction score
Vogue Taiwan joining the knock-of VI fold......Lol? Hate to admit, but it actually looks good.

I was prepared to hate it, but I'm surprised. It actually does look quite lovely. The first one, second not so much.
However, I still think this edition should fold just like many other useless editions fueled by reprints and meaningless content no one really cares to see. That would be the biggest move towards sustainability, not some ''no-photoshoot'' shenanings.

Just when Sky Wu is about to depart, she decides to step up? This has been the quality that has been expected from her decades ago. Why just now? End with a bang?

It’s a step towards the right direction. Though, I can’t wait for Leslie Sun’s rebrand. This magazine is long overdue for a rebrand.

@aracic I think that’s an unfair statement. Vogue Taiwan is known to have been producing original and quality content sans the main cover. The magazine tries, unlike the pretentious Vogue HK.

If we all gave Vogue Australia (once known as the edition of reprints) a chance, smaller editions (who put effort) must be given the same chance as well. As far as I can remember, Vogue Taiwan rarely reprinted any cover.

PS: their official IG page made no mention of the issue, but apparently its been on the newsstands for quite some time now. Readers have been tagging VT with their physical copies.

Vogue Taiwan January 2020

Deep Inside

Photographer: Chou Mo
Stylist: Kate Chen
Hair: Amber
Makeup: Lee Hsiao Wen
Cast: Joanne Tseng

Vogue Taiwan Digital Edition

Color Theory

Photographer: Luca Meneghel
Stylist: Michele Bagnara
Hair: Simone Prusso
Makeup: Mary Cesardi
Cast: Katlin Aas

The Flares

Photographer: Ming-Shih Chiang
Stylist: Yvonne Tsai
Hair: Weic Lin
Makeup: Nash Chen
Cast: Giwa Wang

Dream For Dreaming

Photographer: Zhong Lin
Stylist: Kate Chen
Hair: Sting Hsieh
Makeup: Shin Tsai
Cast: Gia Tang

Animal Kingdom

Photographer: Lee Shou-Chih
Stylist: Annie Ting
Hair: Liren Wei
Makeup: Shin Tsai
Cast: Andrea from GGGG Models

In Vogue: Back to Nature

Photographer: Chen Chi
Stylist: Tiffany Leu
Hair: Weic Lin
Makeup: Chun Hua Huang
Cast: San

Vogue Beauty: Spectrum of Infinity

Photographer: Enrique Vega
Stylist: Ilaria Niccolini
Hair: Jenny Iva Wimmerstedt
Makeup: Moises Ramirez
Manicure: Kayo Higuchi
Cast: Valentina Sampaio

What a pleasant surprise from VT. The first cover reminds me of some cool art house film poster.

I can get behind this, its quite alright. Pleasing to look at.

Pretty covershot.

Not sure if this is a promise of things to come— or just the current editor going out with a bang.

VT always has theses little sparks of promise, Chen Chi’s “Back To Nature” and Zhong Lin’s “Dream For Dreaming” are whimsically romantic and endearing (and hopefully not reprints). These sorts of spurts of creativity are way better than anything from the current banality of Vogue China or the directionless loitering of Vogue Hong Kong.

A solid art direction could pull all this together into a unique statement, but my experience is that Asian fashion publications in general don’t care for forging a statement of their own: They’d rather go with the generic trendy flow. And aside from a few solid stories here and there, VT remaining content is just the most generic fluff of fliers: Home decor, wedding, wellness and beauty (and there's a lot of beauty crap), food and travel blah blah blah :yawn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->