Discussion: What do you think of Vogue?

Acid said:
the most powerful vogue in the world will be Vogue United Arab Emirates

$$£$£$£$£$£$£

I was thinking that too...

And sorry about forgetting Greek and Korean Vogues.

I heard about the Middle East Vogue or it could have been the Indian one.
Sweden needs Vogue!

Mamba said:
Sweden needs Vogue!

Oh god, no! The horror, the horror! Maybe if there was a Scandinavian Vogue with input from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. That might work...but just Sweden *shivers*

iluvjeisa said:
Oh god, no! The horror, the horror! Maybe if there was a Scandinavian Vogue with input from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. That might work...but just Sweden *shivers*
The thought has definitely crossed my mind. I'd totally buy a Scandi/Nordic Vogue. Actually, in theory I think it's a pretty neat idea. Not so sure it would work out, though.

Why? I believe it can function if they hire people that are not involved in Elle redaction.:lol:

The Danish Cover magazine is amazing, so a cooperation can work out as well!

lolita_sweet_91 said:
I would love to see a Turkish, Nordic, Dutch and Canadian Vogue
Candian Vogue would be exactly like Vogue US, I am possitive.

I have to agree.

I think India would naturally be next.

Re: Scandinavian Vogue

I read this today in an interview with Diane Pernet on Stockholm Fashion Week. Kind of funny as we were just discussing it, no?

What are your conclusions on Swedish fashion?
- One thing that strikes me is that it's modern rather than nostalgic. Scandinavia's big right now - there's even talk of a Scandinavian Vogue. It's strange that there's a Vogue in Greece and not here.
http://www.metro.se/se/article/2006/08/25/08/0136-32/index.xml

While I'd agree there's no market for a Vogue, I have never understood why there's not an Irish Elle, because the country could easily sustain one, given the economy, the confidence, the range of stores in many of the cities (from high-end Brown Thomas to niche boutiques), the heritage of creativity, the thriving artistic community, the ever-ready pool of home-grown talent, the calendar of events in the country (there are always fashion shows and related events going on) and the proximity to London (it's not very far for anyone to travel to Dublin and back).

A quarterly Elle Ireland could thrive, given a good enough cover and original content. There are innumerable local publications - Image, Tatler - which come nowhere near the production values of an Elle publication, so I think Elle Ireland could knock 'em dead. Easily, with the right editor.

I buy AmeriVouge every chance I get... while crack on it you might, it really is the ultimate style arbiter in the US. If Vouge says something's hot, then two months later nearly every celeb is wearing it, or a variation of it. It's also features much more wearable looks than that of it's counterparts- boring to most European fashionistas, but exactly what American's want to wear.

I like British Vouge, too, though. It's much more fun than the others, and Vouge Paris has the best pictures, while Italian Vouge has the best fashion. Vouge Nippon has the best editorials, but Vouge China is close behind ^_^

I LOVE Vogue. It is by far my favorite fashion mag around. I loved this september issue of the american one. It was great seeing so many kate moss ads and the ad for versace w/ her and christy and daria and carolyn and angela (which I don't really know who she is; she did look familiar, though). BUT, I think Anna Wintour is a b**** for not putting models on the cover anymore. I don't even really want to see supermodels on the cover, just models in general. I mean, it isn't an acting magazine, it is a fashion magazine, so why are there always actresses on the cover? Other than that fact, I LOVE VOGUE!!!!!

^ i totally agree with you, i love all types of Vogue, i would personally like to see Japan Vogue. I so sick of celeb covers, real-life models dream of gracing the cover the vogue and thats what should be on the cover. I do believe the models make the clothes look better, if i see nicole Ricthie. or Jennifer Aniston on the cover, i lose interest fast and don't even bother buying the magazine.

Don't even get me started on Jennifer Aniston! I just can't see why everyone always calls her so hot and gorgeous. i mean, she is pretty, but defintiely not Vogue cover material. Kinda average looking in my opinion.

EdanChrysler said:
My bad, it seems I have confused Singapore Elle with Vogue ... there probably is no Vogue Singapore; it might've just been Vogue Taiwan in circulation here.

Gotta pay more attention when I'm near a magazine store next time.

Actually, there was a Vogue Singapore but i think it pulled out of circulation because nobody buys it. It was incorporated to Vogue Australia.

I'm from the Philippines and I used to dream of becoming ed-in-chief of would-be Philippine Vogue but third world fashion may be inappropriate for Vogue. We don't even have a Hermes store in Manila, f***ker! :yuk:

i stopped buying US Vogue about a year ago..I only buy UK Vogue now..the US one is sort of terrible compared to the other editions..

Australian Vogue-
I hate the fact that sometimes the articles/editorials are recycled form other vogues. Too many ads. The chief editor looks (and acts, judging by an AusNTM episode) like a surly grandma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->