W February 2014 : Best Performances by Juergen Teller

My faves are Oprah's, Amy's and Matthew's covers
Love that W fearlessly let Jeurgen photograph the A-listers

This looks like an exciting issue so far

I was going to complain about Oprah getting a "Best Performances" cover, but I see it's "The Movie Issue", not necessarily a "Best Performances" issue, so I'll let it go.

I don't care for Teller's photography and, predictably, these do nothing for me.

but wtf @ the michael b jordan one? it looks totally out of place and random.

It may look really random but at least he still looks smoking hot! :wink: Some of the others in the editorial do not look there best. Also, Lupita looks just smashing on the cover, I really wish it was going to be sold on the newsstand (has it been confirmed that it will not be?) because I would totally pick up an issue if it was the one with her on it.

hm, seems i never get the appeal of Tellers work, especially those washedout colours together with that snapshot look of the pics doesn't work for me :huh:

I couldn't agree more and the covers looks awful, really. None of them work, they look amateur.

Cate's cover isn't working for me, she looks like demonic clown, but the rest are fantastic. Lupita's shots!!! :wub:

Oh my, it's even better than last years! Love. every. single. picture. Juergen is just a master. :heart:

Is it just me or does every cover look cheap? The white border, the W logo - I don't know it just looks cheap to me. Having Juergen behind the camera surely doesn't help (although he did a great job with JL, Lupita and Amy's covers).

Terrible covers!!! so unflattering what happen to movie stars???? what happen to W magazine? looks cheap and ordinary.

I like the celebrity portraits as an editorial but not keen on the covers. With a different photographer the covers could of been great. Lupita's cover excels by far. Penelope's shot is cute too.

hm, seems i never get the appeal of Tellers work, especially those washedout colours together with that snapshot look of the pics doesn't work for me :huh:

I agree, these covers and the ed look like they were shot by a 6th grader with a cheap cell phone. Horrid.

Teller's photography is the only thing that makes this edition exciting every year = fact.

And it's quite hilarious how Teller's photography even makes some of these stars looks terribly rough, old and downright ugly. Why choose him?

He makes them look real, and not a completely fake version of themselves that we see in magazines like Vogue and Harpers.

This issue photographed by Teller is the best thing ever, I never really cared about it before but since they did it with him it looks so much more exiting. I love the way you have the main Oscar competitiors and then the odd ones with the underrated performances of the year, its shuch a joy. Im only missing Adele, Oscar and Michael.

Teller's photography is the only thing that makes this edition exciting every year = fact.
His work is such a highlight of award season. It's kind of sad that I look forward to seeing them every year. :lol: Nobody else can capture a modern film star like Teller, in my opinion.

Shailene Woodley, Michael Shannon, Lea Seydoux, Emma Thompson and Amanda Seyfried are my personal favourites. Ooh, and Scarlett Johansson & Lupita Nyong'o. :heart:

Oh, and how can I leave out Ben Foster? :rofl:

Also, I see Carey Mulligan's name on the cover. Where is she?

Last edited by a moderator:
Singular Sensation
Photographed by Ben Weller
Styled by Felicia Garcia Rivera
Models Irina N and Katya R

Best Performances
Photographed by Juergen Teller

Field Day
Photographed by Craig McDean
Styled by Edward Enninful
Models Malaika Firth, Marina Nery, Sasha Luss, Irene Hiemstra, Juliana Schurig

Spare, Me
Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier
Styled by Patrick Mane
Models Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls

Field Day
Photographed by Craig McDean
Styled by Edward Enninful
Models Malaika Firth, Marina Nery, Sasha Luss, Irene Hiemstra, Juliana Schurig
2ywuvq1.jpg

16iflw8.jpg

Spare, Me
Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier
Styled by Patrick Mane
Models Jourdan Dunn and Joan Smalls
3463o5l.jpg

2hi2z2b.jpg

My snaps

172 pages

Last edited by a moderator:
Teller did a great job with the celebrity portraits. It's just a shame that I love all of the covers expect for the overrated "J.Law" and she would be the newstand cover...

Loving these autumnal hues McDean's been using recently; both here and in Interview. His ed with Edward looks gorgeous. Also interesting to see Patrick Mackie style his first big editorial (he was Camilla Nickerson's assistant a few years ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->