W Korea January 2017 : Bella Hadid by Venetia Scott

Sickly face and shapeless due to the marabou (?) feathers. Ugly necklace, bad styling. I only like the blue color scheme and especially the blue velvet upholstery. :smile:

Is that shot a reprint from the October W issue?

^Yes. I think it works better as part of an editorial but not as a cover. I like the image in itself but this crop and layout ruin it.

A good choice of a reprint if you ask me. When the editorial first appeared in American W, I wasn't all too impressed but I admire how W Korea have made this shot of Bella work in their favour with the layout, fonts and their choice of complementing colours. Those shades of blue are perfect for an icy January cover!

Normally love everything Bella related, this isn't my favorite from her.

I like the styling here, palette of colors too but her face is like a stone. And this dead, empty eyes..

This shot actually works as a cover for me. It's got that effortless mood, and her face isn't perfection, for once. Love the colours. The editor really must love these Hasid's, and I'm surprise nobody from the Lexi/Binx/Anna squad, or another begrudging model, targeted this girl for booking cover after cover.

I like the concept, and the tasteful use of a reprint is, as echoed above, duly noted. Unfortunately the eye is immediately drawn to her washed out face, although perhaps it looks less so in print versus high res digital. She's doing exceptionally well with asian magazine covers, and 2017 is off to another strong start. Still, her shortcomings as a model remain stark - same dull expression, little versatility or energy, and her one 'fierce' expression sometimes just looks sour.

I may be the only one in here, but I love the aloof feeling of Bella's face, and the way she's styled. The necklace connotates with the canapé pillow under her arm perfectly. The colours are relaxing and soft. Especially the navy/cardinal -and cold blues.

January can be a depressing month-- but does that need to be so vividly represented on the cover of a fashion magazine? Sheesh, she looks depressed/sulking; the color-palette looks ill; the composition is lifeless and seems to smell of old attic; and such dowdy styling-- like she's in brothel. Everything just...sucks like it's North Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->