W Magazine January 2011 : Emma Stone and Garrett Hedlund by Inez and Vinoodh

Wow, I really like Emma's cover! :heart: I knew it that she's not gonna disappoint. I just love everything this woman does. ^_^

Wow, I really don't know what to say about Garrett's cover. It's kinda hot, yes. But the only thing that's bothering me is the pants he's wearing. Seriously? A leopard print pants worn by a guy? Not unless you're Transvestite or what. ^_^ I wasn't really familiar with him until someone here has mentioned that he's one of the lead stars in the upcoming flick Tron Legacy and right after reading that post, I immediately checked him out on Google. :D

I'm interested to see Lara's editorial as well as Little Women. Although why Elle Fanning wasn't included in the cast?

I don't know these people and judging by the covers, I am not interested in getting to know Emma Stone but I am interested in knowing Garrett Hedlund.*

* rereading my comment, it sounds kinda dirty, but it is not intended that way. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know who the guy is, and his pants are distracting.

The store I work at only gets one cover, and I hope it's Emma's. Otherwise, I will travel 10 miles to get her cover.

So far I love this issue, Emma Stone is a fav of mine but I just cannot get with the corset over the tee and seeing Garrett's cover has me so excited for TRON!! :woot:

alsoooo, MALUCA and Die Antwoord are in it. So far so good, at least in my opinion :D

This is actually the first new W cover that I like
here, here! the image is great, the guy is hot, the pants are over the top which is surprising in a good way since its an american magazine, plus its far from predictable for a change... but no, im not really interested who the folks are :rofl:

But the only thing that's bothering me is the pants he's wearing. Seriously? A leopard print pants worn by a guy? Not unless you're Transvestite or what. ^_^

I dare you to say that to Rod Stewart, whose entirely heterosexual animal-print attire has been scalding eyeballs since 1973. He's been through more models than you'd see in a decade's worth of September Italian Vogues. And I do believe this is pink leopard print he's wearing...

Stewart_MB288407477_400-thumb-400x550-41712.jpg

(denimology.com)

Emma's cover is good as well yet a bit less efficient than Garrett's. On the other hand, the main ed is so great. And I can officially say that Joseph Altuzarra is the hottest male designer!!!! Just love how her works that python dress.

Oh, great to see Haider in Generation Now :heart:

I love Emma but the cover is slightly underwhelming. Still happy she's on the cover. Looks like a good issue so far.

Wow, I really like Emma's cover! :heart: I knew it that she's not gonna disappoint. I just love everything this woman does. ^_^

Wow, I really don't know what to say about Garrett's cover. It's kinda hot, yes. But the only thing that's bothering me is the pants he's wearing. Seriously? A leopard print pants worn by a guy? Not unless you're Transvestite or what. ^_^ I wasn't really familiar with him until someone here has mentioned that he's one of the lead stars in the upcoming flick Tron Legacy and right after reading that post, I immediately checked him out on Google. :D

I'm interested to see Lara's editorial as well as Little Women. Although why Elle Fanning wasn't included in the cast?

I guess I'm a transvestite then.

ugh...these are both pretty awful. I predict W will either fold somewhere in late 2011-early 2012 OR Tonchi will get the boot (option one more likely). This book is incredibly expensive to produce, and selling 30,000 issues for September does not bode well. He can't keep putting unknowns on the cover. Yes, we are ALL tired of the Jennifer-Kate-Cameron routine, but what about someone like January Jones, who has a hit TV show and some movies but might still be under the radar to some circles?

As many of the commenters have noted, not all that many people know these stars, which cannot translate well into blockbuster single-copy sales.

Rant over

I WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING TO HAVE MY OLD W MAGAZINE BACK!!!! That is my freaking Christmas wish this year. I want to be excited to get a new issue, and see all the beautiful images it has, not roll my eyes when i get it like i do now.

Yay I just got my issue and its the cover I wanted, Garrett Hedlund. :D

The Lara Stone ed is nice and theres another ed with Lindsey Wixon and some other model.

Preview

Major Tom
Photographed by Inez and Vinoodh
Styled by Alex White
Model Lara Stone in Tom Ford's new collection
bzv6c.png

Little Women
Photographed by Rineke Dijkstra
Chloe Moretz, Abigail Breslin, Nicola Peltz, Hailee Steinfeld, Georgie Henley
jtqi37.png

Spring Awakening
Photographed by Willy Vanderperre
Styled by Olivier Rizzo
Models Iris Egbers, King Rajzac, Tali Lennox, Victoire M, Lindsey Wixson
14ul1fp.png

My snaps

ugh...these are both pretty awful. I predict W will either fold somewhere in late 2011-early 2012 OR Tonchi will get the boot (option one more likely). This book is incredibly expensive to produce, and selling 30,000 issues for September does not bode well. He can't keep putting unknowns on the cover. Yes, we are ALL tired of the Jennifer-Kate-Cameron routine, but what about someone like January Jones, who has a hit TV show and some movies but might still be under the radar to some circles?

As many of the commenters have noted, not all that many people know these stars, which cannot translate well into blockbuster single-copy sales.

Rant over

Part of the problem with their cover choices is that, in some ways, they're a little ahead of the curve. Consider their September stars. Jennifer Lawrence was getting raves back then for her performance, but now she's almost a lock for an Oscar nomination. She would have been a smart choice for a January or February cover. Jessica Chastain, another September cover girl, has a lead role in the hotly anticipated Brad Pitt/Sean Penn/Terrence Malick movie "Tree of Life". Too bad it doesn't come out until may. I loved the two people on their October cover, but it would have been smarter to put them on the December or January cover, since the film is just now getting alot of buzz and they both have a shot at Oscar nominations. Emma Stone is a good choice, but why didn't they make it coincide with her hit movie Easy A or wait until the release of Spiderman, when she'll possibly become a household name. They're giving Rooney Mara the February cover. Smart, since she's about to be a big star, stupid because The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo doesn't come out until next December. Pre-mature choices.

I dare you to say that to Rod Stewart, whose entirely heterosexual animal-print attire has been scalding eyeballs since 1973. He's been through more models than you'd see in a decade's worth of September Italian Vogues. And I do believe this is pink leopard print he's wearing...

Ooohh, didn't know that. Well I guess I was just a bit shocked to see a guy looking hot and all buffed up wearing a pants like that. :smile:

I guess I'm a transvestite then.

Oh my, sorry if you got offended by that post of mine. I shouldn't have said that Transvestite thing in the first place. ^_^ Sorry.

The Lara/Tom Ford story looks great irl. My favorite shot is of Lara in front of the lit house.

Lara's ed is amazing! I wish the story was longer :(
Thanks for the pics!

^ sorry but how do u make the pictures from myfdb bigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->