W Magazine Summer 2024 : Hailey Bieber by David Sims

What's the point in talking about this as if it were something worth mentioning.
Because her entire celebrity and personality is based on the man she married, instagram (the whole reason why she’s anywhere to begin with) and whatever reaction she gets online for being married to him. If she’s not talking about it, what will she talk about? the journalist can only extend a conversation about celebrity makeup line #529 for so long.

You usually have great taste in models, Penny! what do you like about her? is it the closeups? (which I admit are the more outstanding part of her ‘work’ cause the fillers were done in the right amount).

I think whenever someone sticks around and keeps appearing in magazines for a while, they tend to wear people down into a type of acceptance.

I think Mario Sorrenti would've elevated the story... Don't see the point of having David Sims there at all.

Because her entire celebrity and personality is based on the man she married, instagram (the whole reason why she’s anywhere to begin with) and whatever reaction she gets online for being married to him. If she’s not talking about it, what will she talk about? the journalist can only extend a conversation about celebrity makeup line #529 for so long.

You usually have great taste in models, Penny! what do you like about her? is it the closeups? (which I admit are the more outstanding part of her ‘work’ cause the fillers were done in the right amount).
Yes, I'm indeed talking about a couple closeups I saw a few weeks ago. She actually looked nice on those, with some kind of quiet expression (I know she can barely do anything beyond this). But as I stated in my previous post, this doesn't change the fact I consider her actual modeling skills as close to zero. I can see her as a gorgeous face every now and then but not as a model (read: professional model) just like I could say the same about some friends of mine whose faces are interesting if I want to paint their portraits but who'll never fall into the "model category".

So, no, I haven't lost my taste yet :lol:

^ To me she's the opposite of the Monet type of beauty, it's a no from afar but if you get very very VERY close, like super close, as in seeing nostrils/pores + 1/4 of face only.. she looks very good, and you're left with that sense that you're looking at a legit model.. then you zoom out, come back to reality, and see her modeling (like that third shot in post #3) and it's like nvm, we're back to full face and full body and it's all so awkward and always projecting desperation.

It's a shame because she was actually a good ballet dancer (I think she was accepted by ABT for their summer intensive) so you'd think she's able, like most dancers, to overcome these more vapid elements of typical modeling and offer superior skills in terms of graceful poses and expression that make you almost forget that she's not conventional (wouldn't be the first nor the last non-conventional model and non-conventional models are always more interesting to me than standard beauties)... but I think this is more psychological and the entire direction of her modeling hobby from day one has been to follow the template of the most prominent nepo models (Kendall and the Hadids) and to just.. fit in and be accepted. Her level of self-consciousness inadvertently invites more scrutiny and a closer look at what she's doing and.. she ain't doing much!

Yes, I'm indeed talking about a couple closeups I saw a few weeks ago. She actually looked nice on those, with some kind of quiet expression (I know she can barely do anything beyond this). But as I stated in my previous post, this doesn't change the fact I consider her actual modeling skills as close to zero. I can see her as a gorgeous face every now and then but not as a model (read: professional model) just like I could say the same about some friends of mine whose faces are interesting if I want to paint their portraits but who'll never fall into the "model category".

So, no, I haven't lost my taste yet :lol:

I wish we had that ''karma'' option here again, I would have given you 10 000 ahahahaha like I agree on every single word.

Looks like the issue hit the newsstands in New York, I wonder if there is another fashion story inside.

Heartbreaking to see David Sims in 2024 for W. His shoots for W used to be so special. I guess he had real models to work with back then.

Was wondering when Hailey would do a pregnancy shoot. She probably has another cover booked with Bieber when she has the child to exploit that milestone too for publicity.

I think there are a few very good shots.

imagine being photographed by an A-List photographer and not having a few good pictures at least?
we have established plenty of times, her level of modelling so… let’s evaluate the work for what it is, and it’s good, IMO

IMO the best she ever looked was in her Vogue Paris cover shoot by sims. So for me the problem here is the stylist and the model, and not sims

Inside of the Summer issue:

In "Away We Go" a few of the magazine's favorite photographers, including Mert Alas and Carlijn Jacobs, share vacation memories in personal photographs and words. 16 pages total.

"Summer Heat" is an accessories editorial for taking things easy. Photographed by Joaquin Laguinge. Styled by Jade Vallario. 12 pages total.

"She's Got the Glow" cover story features Hailey Bieber lensed by David Sims. Styled by Paul Sinclaire. 24 pages total with article.

"Child's Play" is a studio fashion editorial featuring kids, boys and girls, in mini designer clothes. Photographed by Ethan James Green. Styled by Charlotte Collet. 16 pages total.

The issue has 90 pages.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->