US Harper's Bazaar May 2021 : Precious Lee, Rianne van Rompaey, Hailey Bieber, Liu Wen & Adwoa Aboah

full cover stories are on HB site

I'm not that worried about the result (it's not that bad and it's not that good), but to see such fresh choices for Bazaar is a delight!

Precious second shot would look great as s cover.

Everyone but Adwoa for me (she looks tired af). Precious is a bombshell, Rianne looks so delicate, Liu is modeling H2T as Tyra would say and Hailey is on a roll!

Those cover stories on site are nothing special, so as covers. But, we cab learn 2 things from this- Hailey can't be stopped and Adwoa Aboah no longer needs you approval (name of the article) :hardhead:

Some of the covers have a vintage vibe that I like but none of them wow me...

Now Vogue will HAVE to give Precious that OG cover. :cool: This cover plus the Vogue.com guest editor gig should be enough to warrant an OG cover.
The time is ripe. Precious could easily become the top American model after Karlie. Because that's when last we've seen a great American model rising to the top without a famous last name.

And can we just take a moment for a Chinese model to be celebrated on an American cover by name? The multi-cover effort dilutes the impact somewhat, but it's still a great moment for Liu Wen.

The cast had so much potential, but the results leave much to be desired.

What in the Vanity Fair is this? Precious, Liu, and Hailey's covers remind me of the original vision of Radhika for Vanity Fair before she went back to the formulaic VF.

The art direction also leaves much to be desired. The kerning irks me a lot.

Overall, US Bazaar stopped feeling like an American magazine. It reminds me of those up and coming indie magazines.

Hailey's hair and overall feel reminds me of Miz Cracker's look for Denim and Diamonds. Even the backdrop matches. LOL

30425227-2086187238328888-8981677897363899556-o.jpg

facebook.com/DragRaceThaiFans
OMG I am dying ....... Agreed an all fronts

Hailey looks awful, they’ve really done her dirty here
Fallen asleep looking at adwoa as usual

the other three I’m IN LOVEEEE

Some great casting (well Precious and Liu. Rianne is a great fashion model but her casting makes no sense here) but the results are underwhelming. I've given Samira enough chances now and I'm bored - there is no excuse to botch these covers so badly.

Liu Wen is the best cover in my view. I think the editorial shot though would have been an even greater cover had they covered her real eyebrow all the way so the artificial sharp line would look more dramatic.
I’m not fond of multiple cover star covers. It seems cheap in more ways than one and lacking in capturing the moment.

Quite a good set of covers. Except for Adwoa’s one. Her cover sticks out like a sore thumb. Hailey’s cover is ok-ish. Hate her pig tails though. Doesn’t suit her face at all.

Love the covers with Rianne, Precious and Liu. All three very strong.

Samira Nasr is doing what Glenda Bailey should have done to
save this magazine during her term. Although their layouts are
dull and dreary, this new Harper's Bazaar produces unconventional cover girls -
from last month's Jane Fonda up to Precious, Liu, and Rianne.

I love how RAW Precious's cover is. It looks fresh and natural.
Same with Rianne's. This version of HB is an upgrade without
being too flashy about it.

Surprised to see a semi-nude on HB my faves are Precious, Rianne and Liu Wen.

Adwoa the worst...

Overall it gives me a little HB Germany vibe...

After umpteen unimpressive covers under Samira Nasr, I'm amazed at how strong these covers are and what a step in the right direction they appear to be (with the exception of the atrocious layout and font choice). A total pleasure to see models make a return to the cover of US Bazaar also!

My favourite cover is Precious Lee, followed by Rianne van Rompaey. Hailey Bieber's isn't half bad, find Liu Wen's rather boring, stale and lifeless and could've definitely done without Adwoa Aboah (who could retire from modeling for all I care).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->