US Harper's Bazaar May 2021 : Precious Lee, Rianne van Rompaey, Hailey Bieber, Liu Wen & Adwoa Aboah

Why is Daniel Jackson not working more?????

Precious', Liu's and Rianne's covers are pretty great! Their editorials are solid as well. :flower:

Why is Daniel Jackson not working more?????
Maybe because he does very basic studio photography and the fashion is what makes his stories....
This reminds me of David Sims.....and Dan was David's assistant for 5 years.

Demarchelier was doing same very basic (and uninspired in his case) photography and he was everywhere.
That cancelation was a true miracle. It seemed, that only his death could have stopped these lazy editors hiring him blindly again and again and again

No matter how they seem to photograph Adwoa stripped down and even in unflattering light and awfully styled, her unreal bone structure will always shine through. I guess she’s in her take-me-as-I-am ugly-phase; but I certainly hope these female-gaze lessers shooting her are replaced with talents that will showcase her stunning beauty once again.

Liu Wen’s the best. Just simply gorgeous. Her blurb is very humble as well— unlike another who’s all about “look at how confident, educated and happy I am and I don’t care what you think…” Sheesh, show some humility, woman.

Instead of the absurd multiple cover stars, Samira should have made one of the shots from Dream Weavers the cover. All of those images are much stronger and more fitting for Harper’s Bazaar. Just baffling to me. Are all the individuals running magazines now graduates from the School of Banality?

Liu Wen’s the best. Just simply gorgeous. Her blurb is very humble as well— unlike another who’s all about “look at how confident, educated and happy I am and I don’t care what you think…” Sheesh, show some humility, woman.
Yeah that’s how people are these days. Total narcissists.

And then when you criticize them or dislike them, they “clap-back” about how you are simply uncomfortable with their identity and their confidence...as opposed to like...no, I really just don’t like your behavior.

Precious’ cover and edit are the only ones necessary for me. Though I do think Liu’s editorial is beautiful.

Easily, without a shadow of a doubt, the best and most solid issue of American Harper's Bazaar since long before Glenda Bailey departed. The last issue I bought was Bailey's last with Gigi Hadid by Mario Sorrenti but if either Precious or Rianne's covers make it over here to England - I'm buying.

The opening shot of Precious Lee's feature is rather spectacular but Daniel Jackson's story with Julia Nobis is utterly gorgeous! That first shot, as well as the last portrait with the veil are... flawless. I feel as though this standard of imagery can sit alongside some of the iconic Harper's Bazaar images from the past, without question.

I'm looking at a digital copy of this online, it's 172 pages, although this library copy includes all the covers as a series of pages at the start, and I don't know whether that's the case in the print magazine.

Looking at parts of the content which we haven't seen in this thread -

The theme of this issue is "beauty" which is probably good for advertising revenue, but it only serves to emphasis how Allure-like this magazine is. Bazaar has even got the same "beauty awards" feature where they devote pages and pages to just listing the names of beauty products, as if anyone is really interested in opening a print magazine to see that type of content.

The page design is still chronically bad, with four or five different fonts being used in an article, with a painful mix of size, spacing and serif/sans serif.

This magazine means well, it believes it's providing you with sophisticated and thoughtful content, but it mistakes being dull as being "thoughtful".

I'm looking at a digital copy of this online, it's 172 pages, although this library copy includes all the covers as a series of pages at the start, and I don't know whether that's the case in the print magazine.

The print magazine is 156 pages.

I was hoping to get Liu Wen or Rianne, but I got the Hailey Bieber cover in the mail instead.

Absolutely living for Liu and Rianne delivering the quality content yet again.

I was adamant I was grabbing myself a copy of this issue, had either the Precious Lee or Rianne van Rompaey covers made their way over here to England but it was Hailey Bieber's which dominated newsstands here and I wasn't willing to leave WHSmith with something I wasn't 100% happy with!

I was adamant I was grabbing myself a copy of this issue, had either the Precious Lee or Rianne van Rompaey covers made their way over here to England but it was Hailey Bieber's which dominated newsstands here and I wasn't willing to leave WHSmith with something I wasn't 100% happy with!
Here in Brazil too

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->