W October 2007 : Cate Blanchett by Michael Thompson

I actually brought this issue. I like the Cate ed, The Kate ed, and the Daria ed with all those colors:blush:! I also love the ed that has my Liya in it!:wub: (even if it is only one picture). Looking at the Linda ed from before I can't but notice the similar features she and Daria share, they both have that classic girl with an edge look. I like it even if he is pulling a "do-over":lol:

Is it an big anniversary year for Ralph Lauren this year? Two editorials in two months (Sept Elle and October W).

and the Mr. America ed? i didn't find it on style.com...

I want to try & buy this & scan all the eds possible, but I can't find it anywhere! :-[

Love that Cate is on the cover! :woot: She just oozes class and sophistication. :wub:

cate looks much more appealing to me with the bronzer or tan or whatever it is she's got going on on the cover. and i love daria's ed.

W's First Ever I-List 2007

W's First Ever I-List - 2007's most influential people and places

Wcover-oct07.jpg
W magazine launched its first ever I-List in its October issue. What is an I-List you ask? It stands for Influential list, where W naming the most influential people and places shaping today’s fashion and style. Instead of just featuring rich celebrities and models, the list includes doctors, laywers, successful business women and men, environmentalists and of course fashion designers. Winners include Scarlett Johansson for Throwing Curves, Anne Hathaway for being The Anti-Lindsay, Vera Wang for being the High-Low Queen, and England’s own Natalie Massenet for bring the Net Effect.
So what did cover girl, Cate Blanchett win? Sadly nothing. But she did get a hell of a cover line: How the Regal Aussie Became Hollywood’s Most Wanted Woman. Gosh October seems to be the month for Aussies on the cover of W and Vanity Fair (featuring Nicole Kidman). Between these two popular and well respected women, they could take over the world. But that's just my two cents worth.
Check out the full list of winners below.

W magazine’s complete I-List follows:

Throwing Curves - Scarlett Johansson: for maintaining her bombshell proportions that set her apart from her cookie-cutter contemporaries

The Anti-Lindsay
- Anna Hathaway: for emerging as a wholesome, elegant young role model and living a radically alternative lifestyle by modern Hollywood standards
It Guru - Steve Jobs: for creating the most desirable accessory, the i-Pod, as no it-bag out there has come close to achieving its cultural resonance
Social Star - Tory Burch: for parlaying her well-heeled image into a serious business that is immune to extracurricular publicity
Pop Rocks - Justin Timberlake: for evolving from a pretty-faced boy-bander into a superstar who can do no wrong wearing classic suits, a tie and sneakers
Beats Ahead – Timbaland: for being ahead of the curve with his fashion sense and working syncopated magic on everyone from Bjork to Madonna
High-Low Queen - Vera Wang: for being the first designer to ink an ongoing deal with Kohl’s to carry her new label, Simply Vera Vera Wang, for budget conscious consumers
Revolving Door - Lily Allen, the Misshapes, Amy Winehouse and Kate Nash: for being famous for a mere nanosecond each and influencing fashion for about 5 minutes
Top Gun - Mickey Drexler: for bringing J. Crew to the top with his passion, gut instinct and strong day-to-day presence
Partners in Power - Marc Jacobs & Robert Duffy: for bringing Marc Jacobs brand to the top despite major obstacles including failed financial backing and Jacob’s battle with substance abuse
Net Effect - Natalie Massenet: for creating the luxury shopping site Net-a-porter.com where women can have whatever they want overnight
Forever Chic - The Seventies: for providing the legacy of narrow silhouettes and goddess gowns that remain wearable today
Mass Marketing - The Oscars: for increasing designer-brand awareness exponentially around the globe
Green Goddess - Linda Loudermilk: for pioneering the concept of environmentally conscious fashion
Celluloid Style - Wes Anderson: for being the writer-director who depicts his curious vision through meticulously stylized worlds including Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums
Franco Fabulous - Nicolas Ghesquiere: for turning Balenciaga from a sleepy couture name into an electrifying luxury brand for the modern age
New Romantics - Kate & Laura Mulleavy: for successfully launching the romantic Rodarte collection rather than following the safety-first business strategy of designing commercial sportswear
London Calling - Giles Deacon: for building a flourishing London-based fashion business in a country without the money or manufacturing facilities to help nurture it
Doctor Beautiful - Patricia Wexler: for managing to stay a few steps ahead of every doctor in New York while wearing four-inch Yves Saint Laurent platforms
Smilemakers - Lituchy & Lowenberg: for crafting the beautiful and natural looking smiles of such beauties as Heidi Klum and Gisele Bundchen
Hair and Now - Orlando Pita: for being the hair genius sans-attitude that sets the standard
Eastern Bloc Party - Grace Models: for finding the next generation of super models who have stampeded out of Eastern Europe and onto fashion runways
Legally Chic - Elizabeth Q. Pearce: for being the attorney who oversees countless negotiations with top brands including Chloe, Derek Lam and Tod’s
Indie-Spirit - Dries Van Noten: for building his self-financed brand completely on his own terms
Cleansing Lady - Jill Pettijohn: for introducing the trend of body cleansing - drinking little and eating nothing - among the chic and famous
Hats On - Stephen Jones: for designing and creating innovative one-of-a kind hats for top designers including Dior and Giles Deacon
Group Effort - Glastonbury Festival: for being the festival that clings to nothing else but music
The New Nouveaux – Russia: for its wealth and the explosive long-dormant acquisitiveness of its nouveau-riche population

I don't know if it has already been posted nor if the section is the right one... :unsure:
anyways here's the source

The Mr America ed...Some pics are good,some not.Sasha's pic is amazing(the b&w)Lily Donaldson's B&W is also stunning.I like one of Missy's...i didn't buy it though.

I got this in the mail earlier this week, but it's at home and I'm at my university, so I can't scan it. :( I'm having it mailed to me here, so if someone hasn't scanned it by the time I receive it, I'll definitely scan the eds. :smile:

I really can't wait to get this magazine :buzz: It looks great so far. Unfortunately, Chapters doesn't receive it till October 1st :doh::(

So, late i found that.. really love the eds.. "Mert & Marcus" do many of this voddoo stuff in the last time..

HOT ISSUE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->