Walking In High Heels

Now I remember those shoes !
actually they remind me a lot these boots with fur we can see everywhere right know. They look more like hiking shoes with heels actually.

You can train your feet to walk in high heels by simply sitting on a high-ish surface and pointing your toes, swinging your legs so you can feel your calf and feet muscles working.
That should get your muscles used to it to an extent.
Other than that try wearing high heels at home.

A recent revelation:

I have been wearing a pair of 4.5 inch ankle boots with a wedge heel for a few months now, which I am contemplating quitting due to sudden foot pain. After not wearing them for two weeks, going back to them felt really strange, because I hadnt realized just how much pressure they were putting on my ankles and calfs. Immediately my feet felt as if I was walking a tightrope, and the muscles thereabouts began to scream again.

My conclusion - In the past I have generally worn platform based heels, which create much less of a 'slope' for the foot to rest on: sort of like the rise is less steep if the toe has thicker base. the boots that had been crucifying me had no platform, just a 1cm sole beneath the toe, rising to a 4.5 platform at the back. I wonder if this is worth considering? Like perhaps try a platform based shoe first so that the pressure isn't so great on the feet.

I am actually really upset about the boots, because they were the most stylish and elegant boots of all time! Oh well.

I was one of those little girls who used to wear the cute boots, mary-janes, dressy sandals, etc. with the heel on the bottom, and as I got older the heel got bigger from 1 inch to 1 and 3/4 to 2 inches and so on, so by the time I was in middle school I was used to them. I don't really like heels more than 5 inches, though, because they hurt my feet! I can wear 6 and 7 inch heels, but it's just too much of a pain by the end. So I mostly stick to 4 and 5 inch...those are comfiest and cutest, anyway, and not over the top.

I think I read in another thread on here that people with larger feet can walk better in higher heels, which sounds correct to me. Too bad for me, because my feet stopped growing in the second grade, and will likely remain a size 5 women's all my life. :cry:
Could be another reason why models are tall; because taller people have larger feet, and therefore can walk in higher heels...

Size 5 is like the perfect size!
What's more difficult about it?

I'm a size 7/8 and I always think it's more painful to wear heels as I'm taller and therefore heavier. Obviously I know that just because your feet are big doesn't make you tall but I think about it. It must be easier to wear heels if your lighter.

Why would foot size have any impact on the ability to wear heels?

^That's what I think too.. But to me, nothing is sexier (even though I am a gay man) than a woman who wears high heels and knows how to walk in them! I even compliment them if I feel the need to do so..

And about the models height/feet thing.. I always thought that maybe with a slightly bigger foot, you showcase the shoes more seeing how they are a bit bigger.. But that's just me being weird.. Lol

Well, the first time i wore high heels, it was a true torture! I suppose that was because i chose the wrong shoes (stilleto pumps with 5 in heels and no platform!:shock:).
Now, i wear high heels and walk fine. I haven't reached the Sarah Jessica Parker level yet but i'm working on it!:D
Personally, i would suggest to any young girl who wants to start wearing high heels, to start with lower heels and increase the height when they feel confident enough. Also, keep in mind , that shoes with platform are a lot more comfortable!

As for shoe size and heels, i can only speak from personal experience, but my feet are really small, and the higher the heel, i find the shoe seems to look a bit stumpy and weird. Especially my fave platforms and wedges. I always tend to go up a size with these styles.

Why would foot size have any impact on the ability to wear heels?

I'm going to come in here with my engineering nerd self.

I think the logic is in the angle of the foot to the floor. On a person with a size 5US shoe size the angle is different than that of someone with a shoe size of 8US, which according to my headmath on a 4" heel should only be a few degrees difference, so maybe 5-10% higher incline for the smaller foot. How that extra 10% feels is beyond me.

I learned to walk in them by wearing gradually higher shoes with less chunky heels over time; starting with shorter block heels and increasing the height and going with a thinner heel. My mom had a lot to do with that because she has ankle problems from what she believes to be a fall she had back in the 1980s off a shoe and wanted to minimize that risk for me.

I'm not sure about weight being an issue. I don't weigh a lot, and I know a woman who's somewhat heavy and can only walk in heels.

I NEED YOUR HELP

so o.k... i can walk in high heels, my feets are not hurting or something. the problem is: i have the feeling the heel moves to much with every step. so i realy feel it move while i'm walking and sometimes it almost feels like they could break!!!

so i have no idea what i'm doing wrong???

btw i'm sorry for the bad english, but i'm in panic because of my shoes :D

I think the logic is in the angle of the foot to the floor. On a person with a size 5US shoe size the angle is different than that of someone with a shoe size of 8US, which according to my headmath on a 4" heel should only be a few degrees difference, so maybe 5-10% higher incline for the smaller foot. How that extra 10% feels is beyond me.

In my experience, on all good quality shoes the heel height is adjusted for each size to maintain the angle.

I NEED YOUR HELP

so o.k... i can walk in high heels, my feets are not hurting or something. the problem is: i have the feeling the heel moves to much with every step. so i realy feel it move while i'm walking and sometimes it almost feels like they could break!!!

so i have no idea what i'm doing wrong???

btw i'm sorry for the bad english, but i'm in panic because of my shoes :D

Same here! The problem is the heeltaps. The solution is a shoemaker.

Ladies, if you feel any discomfort in your heels, please don't make a habit of wearing them regularly! My second toe is now swollen out of nowhere (since Sunday), and now I can barely walk in sneakers, let alone heels. I purchased some new boots recently, and wore them for the second time, and boom, I aggravated a joint something terrible.

Here's an example of low quality shoes, where they've used pretty much the same heel for all sizes, it's a size 41 and a 35. The 35 is obviously more difficult to walk in.

Attachments

• heel_difference.jpg
    heel_difference.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelnamedeva
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"