Walking In Snow

Originally posted by hip0204@Jan 12th, 2004 - 8:40 am
Really this topic means applying a bit of common sense. The original ugg boot styles are those with sueded double-faced sheepskin which is a soft leather. There is no way in the world that this is going to be waterproof. You can use a water resistant agent but this will only help keep a few drops off and help keep some surface dirt off and even then it will have to be re-applied regularly.

The American "UGG Australia" people do have several styles that are grain leather which have been lined with sheepskin or a woven wool. If you spray these with a water resistant agent then they will be fairly waterproof.

However, the best water proofed boots are "galoshes or gum boots or rubber boots" depending on your dictionary. Slap a pair of sheepskin inner soles into them and you have a snowy wonder.

Don't BELIEVE anyone who tells you porkies about a soft sueded leather being waterproof! Once again... it is just common sense.
For the past 2 years I've always worn my ugg boots through rain and snow and have never had a problem with them. They may look alittle worn out but they have always kept my feet dry and warm.

it is true.....UGGS are NEVER going to be 100% waterproof....scotch guarded or water repellent..yes...waterproof NO.

A great light, waterproof boot is BLUNDSTONE also from australia. ALL leather...keep ur feet dry and warm...GREAT simple boot

Dr Marten's. Great tread, water resistant, last for ages, can be wworn with pretty much anything and everything!

The snow is killing the the NE this year... I broke out my old Docs ... they're great for nasty weather... lol.

Hehe.. it's funny to see people posting about what kind of shoes to wear in snow. :lol: Sorry, I'm not trying to poke fun, it's just I live in Saskatoon, and just a few weeks ago we had.. like.. 10 inches of snow, I swear (we were the coldest place on Earth just a few weeks ago, for one day). But anyhow, us 'tooners just walk through the snow with our normal shoes on. Sometimes I even see people wearing open-toed heels whule walking through 4 inches of snow. I wouldn't worry so much.. I mean, don't worry about buying some special sort of 'snow-repellant' or 'snow-made' shoe or anything. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->