Walking In Snow

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by meowmix, Dec 11, 2003.

1. meowmix

meowmix New Member

what boots/shoes would be good for walking in snow covered streets that I can find online? I just moved to the east coast and this snow thing is completely new for me...

2. Jaim45

Jaim45 New Member

I live on the east coast too :)
    If you don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes!

I guess anything waterproof works good. I never wear special winter shoes because I only walk from my house to my car, from my car to work. I still wear stiletto's and sneaks :)

3. meowmix

meowmix New Member

I wish i'd brought my car! But i heard they don't last very long (rust) and it's a soft top.. plus, there's nowhere to keep it (I'm in DC)...so I'm forced to walk everywhere. I've looked up some cold-weather/rain boots online at Nordstrom, but they all look very :yuk: ....

4. Jaim45

Jaim45 New Member

I guess Uggs or rainboots are the best thing to use.

5. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

I just wear my normal shoes at school and stuff but uggs are good for long distance walking

6. fantasticfleece

fantasticfleece New Member

if you can't find "UGG" bramd. Check these out, www.fantasticfleece.com Uggs have been around for 200 years UGG brand did not invent them.

7. iheartmj

iheartmj New Member

Uggs are the best in the snow! ( I feel like an Uggs spokesperson :blush: ) I've had mine for 2 years and I'm from New York. BUT let me warn you if your going to buy ugg look alikes some may be poor quality..my friend recently purchased a pair of look alike uggs and one step in the snow her whole foot got drenched. Another alternative boot that works real good in snow and rain are Timberlands.

8. contessacolette

contessacolette New Member

for real heavy duty snow boots, go to LL Bean or www.altrec.com. Check for insulation, make sure it's waterproof and look for good tread.

9. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

Whenever it snows a lot, I wear my trusty old Doc Martens boots (I bought them with my first paycheck ever when I was 14 :cry: ). They're quite good in the snow.

10. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I don't know how durable they are, but I love the Dior logo snow boots. They're supposedly waterproof. :wub:

11. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I have a pair of British Army assualt boots for use in XCW. They're fully lined, reasonably waterproof and just about indestructable...they also have very hard toe-caps which are good for shin-hacking anyone who gets in your way...

12. meowmix

meowmix New Member

:lol: That will come in handy at my uni :innocent:

13. meowmix

meowmix New Member

I love 'em too...they're so cute!! But I'd be so afraid of getting them dirty... :doh:

14. hip0204

hip0204 New Member

Really this topic means applying a bit of common sense. The original ugg boot styles are those with sueded double-faced sheepskin which is a soft leather. There is no way in the world that this is going to be waterproof. You can use a water resistant agent but this will only help keep a few drops off and help keep some surface dirt off and even then it will have to be re-applied regularly.

The American "UGG Australia" people do have several styles that are grain leather which have been lined with sheepskin or a woven wool. If you spray these with a water resistant agent then they will be fairly waterproof.

However, the best water proofed boots are "galoshes or gum boots or rubber boots" depending on your dictionary. Slap a pair of sheepskin inner soles into them and you have a snowy wonder.

Don't BELIEVE anyone who tells you porkies about a soft sueded leather being waterproof! Once again... it is just common sense.

15. tealady

tealady New Member

Try this link:

http://www.santana.ca/English/index_w.html

I bought a pair of Santana boots at Nordstrom last year and they are great. Because they're made for Canadian winters, they really ARE waterproof, warm, and comfortable. Great on ice! The thing that makes the difference is that the leather is waterproofed BEFORE it is cut. There are lots of styles available, some better looking than others.

16. brian

brian New Member

You DEFINITELY want Dior's.

They are SO hot!

[​IMG]

:sick: :sick:

17. banana

banana New Member

Those just look like regular sorel boots with the dior logo printed on. :unsure:

18. lele

lele New Member

moon boots...

:blink:

19. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I really like my snowboarder-style boots. They are comfy, cute and extremely practical. Plus, they remind me of skiing days... B)

20. brian

brian New Member

B)