Wallets

I just bought this wallet from Banana Republic. It was only $48, but the leather is really nice and it looks much more expensive. I wanted something pretty simple and basic. If I had $$$ I would get a Chanel or Chloe.

brbordeauxwallet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ The color is beautiful and the leather does look pricy. Good choice!

Wallets without coin compartments are so useless, unless you want to carry coins in pockets and at the bottom of bags. Just a reflection. Maybe it's because we have more coins in larger denominations here in Europe compared to the US.

i have a coin compartment in my wallet, but i don't use it :ninja:
i prefer to keep my change in my pants, well, i prefer to not use change at all. electronic transactions all the way!! :flower:

Dulcisima, I would go for a BV, although I adore both brands. BV's new collection is sinfully (on the wallet) gorgeous!!!

kare2711 said:
Dulcisima, I would go for a BV, although I adore both brands. BV's new collection is sinfully (on the wallet) gorgeous!!!

Yeah i know i saw this amazing BV wallet in tan with a flower sticking out...goregous...loved it...but its sold out and the next batch would be out in the end of August...because the factory is on vacation and reopens end of August:(

I am in the market for a new wallet too, I was in Atlanta last weekend and saw the most amazing pastel leather ones....sigh....I have a pink and green leather Kate Spade that is a few years old..

taz said:
kanzaki, ur the 1st one to vote for gucci, that will make my mission more confusuing, but if there were more colors for the guccissima men wallet, it'll make it more exceting.

Well...mainly because you wanted something that has the "wow" effect and the GG logo is easily recognized as gucci and i believe the guccissima line is quite costly too. Your right on the lack of color range.

Love the crocs

love the croc ones - perhaps a little pstrich:innocent: ?

closeup3-001.jpg

Wow, love the croc leather. Especially the lighter blue, and I don't usually go for blue bags/purses/wallets.

I'm on the hunt for a wallet too. I love small purses, so I need something compact that can hold at least 6 credit cards, coin area, money area, etc. Chanel wallets are boring me to death. LV Epi is an option in the mandarin color to match my Pont Neuf. Hmmm.

Well. I thought I would post some wallets I saw online that we can look at in the mean time.

Here is one from Smythson.
tangerinepurse-SL6505.jpg

And some from J & M Davidson

wallets_1187.jpg
6.jpg
LOOKBOOK10.jpg

does anyone know how much the chanel ligne cambon wallet retails for?

Anyone can compare LV Epi Leather, Suhali Leather and Taiga Leather in terms of longevity? Since I carry a wallet with lots of other stuff around it should be scratchproof and withstand some pressure (like a bottle of water or a heavy book on it). I like Epi, but Suhali with its metal hardware looks better. How sturdy is the LV goat leather? Anyone has experiences with the Taiga Line?

(I tend to stuff lots of paper into my wallet, like receipts, train ticket... need a coin compartment and several CC slots)

all pics taken from eLuxury.com

Epi
p10295703_ph_hero.jpg

Suhali
p10507032_ph_althero_Black.jpg

Taiga
img1046509330.jpeg

*JJ* said:
does anyone know how much the chanel ligne cambon wallet retails for?

I know that the small billfold is...$500 or $550, I forget which.

I preffer the Epi, it lasts a long time and is quite scratch proofish because of its texture

ambidextrous said:
Anyone can compare LV Epi Leather, Suhali Leather and Taiga Leather in terms of longevity? Since I carry a wallet with lots of other stuff around it should be scratchproof and withstand some pressure (like a bottle of water or a heavy book on it). I like Epi, but Suhali with its metal hardware looks better. How sturdy is the LV goat leather? Anyone has experiences with the Taiga Line?

(I tend to stuff lots of paper into my wallet, like receipts, train ticket... need a coin compartment and several CC slots)

all pics taken from eLuxury.com

Epi
p10295703_ph_hero.jpg

Suhali
p10507032_ph_althero_Black.jpg

Taiga
img1046509330.jpeg

Ooh I adore wallets. I always change mine though because I get bored of them quickly. And it's less expensive than a bag... =D The epi leather wallets are good! I have one in red and it's very very good quality. :heart: That blue one up there, it is silver hardware right? Isn't blue the only one with silver hardware?

Anyway I want to buy one of those Chloe Paddington wallets, what do you think? I like the fact that it is simple with just that hanging key. I like the brown one, but it seems that they are sold out at NAP. :cry:

11679_index.jpg

Image courtesy of Net-A-Porter

Blue and Mocha have silver hardware, maybe the lilac ones too (as from what I've seen on eLuxury).

The Epi one seems to be the best idea, since it has 2 more CC holders than suhali and it costs less, but Suhali with the gold hardware is so beautiful :cry:

Haha yah. I have yet to see someone with a Suhali wallet. I actually like gold hardware. Do you use a lot of credit cards? You could tuck 2 in one slot... If you really love the Suhali one then save up for it =) It would suck if you bought the Epi one then regretted it.

I don't have a credit card yet ^^ I need the slots for mainly discount membership cards :innocent: I stuff 2 cards into the slots of my less-known-brand wallet, which almost make it burst :shock:

I really like Epi for bags, but for a wallet the Suhali looks so much better. Then I'd also regret it if I get scratches on the Suhali surface (imaging pulling a wallet out of books, water bottle, music player, makeup bag, pencil bag... many ways to seriously hurt a wallet :doh: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->