Walter Van Beirendonck Then and Now

Jambakindy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on Walter Van beirendonck? I have seen all of his lines that are on his website, and have looked at alot of W.&.L.T., but want to know more about him.

And was W.&.L.T Jeans part of Walter's reign, or after he left?

Feel free to post pictures from your personal collection!

W.& L.T. was part of Mustang Jeans.
In some countries, the line still exists but it has lost his identity.

well,to give you a bit of background and immense lamenting,walter has been an instructor at the academy for many years,and second to former head teacher linda loppa. he's now taken her place,if i have got my news right. but he's a master to me....his clothes may not be the most covetable but he's had such a stronghold in the direction of fashion coming from antwerp and the amazing talents he apprentices and has,is quite evident of his aura. his passion for creativity and talent is beyond the world.

as for W&LT and the like. he actually lost that label when his backer decided to screw him over like most of these suits do and eventually acquired a new,open-minded backer who understood the way an independent business worked and has allowed him to start not only his epynomous namesake but his highly popular streetwear label 'æstheticterrorists'. not to mention has made his shop one of the best in antwerp.

just bought the 'Believe' book that was released with the Kiss the Future! exhibition featuring W&LT's AW 1998 work. a good deal of insight into that particular season and some of van Beirendonck's broader concerns; including his shop-in-shops in tokyo in conjunction with Marc Newson. wild stuff, and the book is still easily found online...highly recommended.

He has a new book out about his work which he co-wrote with Agnes Goyvaert, a Belgian fashion journalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George Kima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->