Warm boots for winter that aren't Uggs?

carlajane said:
Old school Sorels that Ashlee Simpson wears can be bought at Mark's Work Wearhouse for cheaper than Also is selling them for. They're apparently the new fashionable winter boot
http://www.marks.com/ctwnew/mwwhweb.nsf
NL1340-269.jpg
these are kinda cute im gonna get the all white ones to tuck my skinny jeans into and wear in the snow, i think it will look kinda cute

djflame I really like those guccis, as long as they are formfitting and don't wrinkle or bag.... :smile:

well, with the snow already in buffalo, ny its just a matter of time before new england sees some, so my thoughts have turned to fashionable winter boots. I found these fendi's I like alot. they are pricey but fit the bill perfectly. any others out there anyone has found other than uggs.....

eluxury.com

Attachments

• fendi1.jpg
    fendi1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
Those are just like reverse Uggs lucky me!! :lol:

Any new recs for over the knee leather boots? I'm looking for just over the knee, flat bottom if possible.

I think it was Pucci_Mama who bought some suede ones from topshop. They looked pretty nice, maybe you should check them out! :flower:

since i live in ny where snow/slush is a problem, i sort of want a classic snow/skiing/hiking boot like the beatles are wearing in help.

but it's just so hard to find basics! found a few on ebay, but nothing perfect... winter is so hard to deal with when it snows, what everyone else does for the wintery days?

pics from http://beatleshelp.50megs.com/photos/scarf2.jpg and ebay

Attachments

• scarf2.jpg
    scarf2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • bcbb_1.JPG
    bcbb_1.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 4039_1.JPG
    4039_1.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 0
so..it's getting colder, and I still don't know what to buy for winter boots. I was thinking I could do duck boots from L.L. Bean and do a preppy with a twist winter...any other ideas?

Check out La Canadienne boots, I bought a black suede pair with a wedge heel a few weeks ago and I really like them. Comfortable for walking too and they're supposed to be slip-proof but we'll see when the time comes!

It's been ages, but I'm reviving this thread!

I really, really need a pair of warm boots for school. Like the majority of college students, I do a lot of walking and am strapped for cash, so they need to be flat or wedge heeled and the cheaper the better. Any takers?

^ I've been looking for months and I can't find anything I like :( I'm also wondering about decent winter boots.

^ If you go to www.shopstyle.com and search for "fur lined boots" or "shearling boots," there are actually more results than I thought there would be. I found a pair of shearling lined motorcycle boots on sale at Macy's, but not the color/size combo I want. :( I might have to settle for brown, even though I already own three pairs of (not warm) brown boots :shock:

Ooh thanks :flower: Tons of Uggs/ugg lookalikes though :doh: In fact, anything suede is a no go with all this snow and calcium :doh: Maybe I should buy Sorel boots like I had when I was a kid :lol:

Glad I found this thread. I realized I don't really have any winter boots that actually keep my feet both warm and dry in snowy weather. I have an array of boots in leather and suede, but they aren't exactly for this weather. Also, I bought the fleece wellie socks that they make for my Hunters, thinking that would make them ok for all year, but those things are still so damn cold in the toes even with the liners and other socks too.

nextnewface, I am with you on the Sorels. I just did some quick online window shopping and they seem to be both cute (as in they are a classic style, not some trendy hideous rubbish or ultra mountain-expedition looking) and they are a brand known for good quality winter footwear. Plus the polar bear in the logo is reassuring to me. I think I want the caribou style. They remind me of classic duck boots. I just want something that I will be happy to have on when it's freezing and snowy and wet and I won't be embarrassed to be seen in in public this year or in a few seasons either.

Does anyone have these sorel caribou boots? Do you like them? are they good quality for snow and ice and such?

985-266955-p.jpg

in black pic from zappos.com

s7_830410_imageset_01

in tan pic from cabelas.com

p5696766dt.jpg

in buff pic from modells.com

I thinkI am leaning towards the tan b/c it looks more like a classic, even though I usually buy everything in black....

p.s. I realize that these aren't exactly cute but that isn't what this thread is about right? I already have cute boots and am looking for functionality more right now. Which is not easy to make yourself do!:lol: I am used to choosing shoes based on their appearance more.

Omigoodness! So now that I've decided exactly what kind of winter boots I want, I can't find them anywhere!:shock: Every website I check is sold out or sold out of my size. I have been looking at all shoe sites, deptartment store sites, and sporting goods sites. So disappointing:( , but at least I know what to keep my eyes open for so maybe I will just have cold feet this year and buy them in late summer when they are fully stocked everywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulmarcus33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->