Wavy Styles

Emmie

Reaction score
:huh: Does any1 know how people get their hair so that it is really thin an kinda wavy - not curly but kinda really loose waves which are kinda like moused into thin strands. I haven't got a picture but I will try 2 get one asap! If any1 has a pic can U put it on. Does any1 know? Thanx :huh:

most of the girls i know who get this look just throw some mouse or something on after they wash there hair and let it air dry and its all flowy and pretty once it dries. but . . . their hair is naturally like that

the trick is to use wax.
rub it in and mess it up.
I had that style before.

What I do is right after I get out of the shower, I towel dry my hair, throw some mousse and some Aveda Be Curly cream in it, and scrunch it until it's only damp. Then I spray some hairspray in it and I'm good to go :wink: I don't like this look a whole lot, but it's great on those lazy days when I don't feel like blow drying and straightening my hair :P

When my hair was still long, I'd do it in a big, loose braid while it was damp, then undo the braid when it dried, and voila loose pre-Raphaelite waves. The underside of my hair does this naturally, so essentially I was getting all of my hair to do the same thing. I'd tweak the end of the braid a little bit with a large barrel curling iron before I un-braided it all.

:lol: , As You Like It, not every girl has your long and fairy tale fair :wink:
But I'd like to know too how to get the hair like that...

I have hair to about my shoulders and I want to just want it to be wavy with out frizz or cruch that gel sometimes causes. Does anyone know of any good products to use. Right now i use John frieda's Beach Blonde but it seems my hair becomes more curly than wavy. I also need to cut down on friz because im using John Friedas hair serum and its not working to well.

This isn't any help I know, but I wonder why you use John Frieda's Beach Blonde when you say yourself you're knot blonde :blink:

for cutting down on frizz, try Glass from Redken. Not sure about the wavy thing.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@May 1st, 2004 - 7:49 pm
This isn't any help I know, but I wonder why you use John Frieda's Beach Blonde when you say yourself you're knot blonde :blink:
I am blonde my user name is just a joke...but the beach blonde is supoosed to make your hair look like u just came from the beach with the wavy look.

Hah, we could do a swap! I have to straighten the waves out of my hair...

I think you should use mousse before you blow dry your hair to make the waves stay longer

i just started the using frederic fekkai's smoothing cream...works well in smoothing down frizz and in defining waves...although you are going to have to manually define ways as well by twisting it (or braiding it) when its wet..but try that out...also phytodefrisant works well as well but i prefer fekkai's smoothing cream becuase its lighter

keihls creme with silk groom works well to cut down frizz. as sugerpea mentioned, try twisting or braiding your hair for frizzless waves.

i sugest after you shampoo/condition use a bit of whatever product you are using on wet hair, then braid. keep braids in overnight , undo braids in the morning, it should stay all day and cut down on frizz.

i just went in to my stylist the other day with the same question and i got a couple great bumble&bumble products you should try out.. they have a "curl creme" you put on when your hair is still wet and it has enzymes that promotes your hair to curl up more and maintain its wave, then you air dry or diffuse, then put on any silicone based glossing creme (most lines have one) to defrizz and add shine.

Right now, I'm would love to have waves like this. Of course, I'd need my hair to be a bit longer first. Here's the picture anyway... :heart:

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 97
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 27th, 2004 - 12:44 pm
Right now, I'm would love to have waves like this. Of course, I'd need my hair to be a bit longer first. Here's the picture anyway... :heart:
Wow!! That's my haircut, almost to a T. I'm glad everyone likes it. My hair is naturally wavy. I use Beach Blond too and also Tigi BedHead Boy Toy.

cap164.jpg

like, soft wavy, but managed curls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->