Waxed jeans

Ooh Caffeine, have you got them altered yet? I'm trying to find a pair of 28 blackc oily anemone but that size seems to be sold out across the web. I have a pair of Calypso in 28 and it fits ok around my waist. Do the wax jeans stretch out a lot? I wonder if I should order either a size up or down...I hate wearing jeans that get stretched out but I also don't want them to be too tight...so should I wait for my 28, or get 29 or 27? Thanks

apparently, I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. I love the Superfine wax harry's. I went down a size. they aren't super narrow but just right, super narrow is for leggings IMO. and they are plenty waxy for me, I stuck to the car seat. I washed them (inside-out) even though they say dry clean and they shrunk a bit but that was fine because they gave once they felt body heat. If I wanted stickier I would wear leather.

Foxie-Pooh said:
Ooh Caffeine, have you got them altered yet? I'm trying to find a pair of 28 blackc oily anemone but that size seems to be sold out across the web. I have a pair of Calypso in 28 and it fits ok around my waist. Do the wax jeans stretch out a lot? I wonder if I should order either a size up or down...I hate wearing jeans that get stretched out but I also don't want them to be too tight...so should I wait for my 28, or get 29 or 27? Thanks

I have not :doh: will do tomorrow.
why not order a size up and give it a try? mine are 25, and i have a pair of 24 paige and a pair of 24 jbrand. the wax jeans felt very close to the jbrand 24. in addition, I read somewhere that it gives it a little rocker chic look if you wear the wax jeans slightly relaxed...and I actually think that it makes sense. shopbop has freeshipping, so you don't lose anything :flower:

Thanks :flower: well, I am afraid that the 29 might stretch out or be too big because I have too many bad experiences with jeans that are just too big on me after several wears...I'm actually more inclined to the 27 but then again I don't want it to be so tight that I can't button my pants or have sausage legs :lol: but I read on activeendeavors that people should size down if they are between sizes so I'm so confused...

NAP has most sizes in stock of Notify Black Oily jeans.

Ooh...I didn't know that they carry Notify...must check it out soon! Thanks :flower:

Why is their jeans more expensive on NAP? It's about $20 and plus shipping...I can get them much cheaper with no shipping cost from shopbop or revolve...NAP scams pp!!!

OMG I'm spending too much time on this thread but do you think these Notify jeans on Linda are the wax anemones...I know she wore these like 2 years ago but they look awfully similar or maybe it was just an older style :huh:

cfda-linda.jpg
levangelistaDublinB.jpg

pix from lookonline and vogue.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
They really do look similar, to be honest from the pictures i've seen here and on n-a-p the notify's don't seem to much more of a wax finish than the Superfine's.

i never wore or touched waxed jeans, but i really could imagine that they feel kind of weird...

"Editor's note" from NAP:
"This style is perfect for a rock-chic look for fall. It is a fitted look so if you'd rather wear them slightly looser, try the next size up. Wear them for day or night. Shown here with Sergio Rossi boots and a Paul & Joe shirt. Machine washable. 98% cotton, 2% elastane."

today I sent them to my tailor...I decided that 25 is the right size for me because the legs feel tighter than my 24 JBrand. The wax will probably make it less stretchy (plus there is only 2% elastane).
NAP is really so much more expensive! I guess that I have to pay a visit to the Notify store when I visit Paris...

btw if mine do stretch, then I will just buy another pair of 24 on NAP...or in Paris?

Have you ever been to Henry Lehr in the city? The headquarter emailed me and said that Bergdorf, Henry Lehr, and Scoop carry Notify jeans...so you should check those places out and see if they have 24 for size :flower: I'd love to go there and try the sizes but I don't really have time to go to the city lately...and I should really be studying for my pharmacology exam now...:doh:

I might not have time to do so recently. Work is very busy...and afterwork the stores are mostly closed:( but it's good to know. thank you foxie!

evae said:
i never wore or touched waxed jeans, but i really could imagine that they feel kind of weird...
They're not bad. It's not like they're waxed on the inside (at least not the Diors). There's just more weight to them. :wink:

AlexN said:
They're not bad. It's not like they're waxed on the inside (at least not the Diors). There's just more weight to them. :wink:

do they stretch easily Alex?:flower:

I got the notify jeans today, and they are far, far superior to the superfines. I really love these. The waxy caoting is heavier and just looks better overall. They arent as skinny but that can easily be tailored. The only thing is that these make me feel like a cow :lol: I can usually fit a 24 but the 25's are tight on me. Good for thos elike pucci and Grill who are tiny!

Guessgirl96 said:
I got the notify jeans today, and they are far, far superior to the superfines. I really love these. The waxy caoting is heavier and just looks better overall. They arent as skinny but that can easily be tailored. The only thing is that these make me feel like a cow :lol: I can usually fit a 24 but the 25's are tight on me. Good for thos elike pucci and Grill who are tiny!

I told you they ran small :lol: the fabric is amazing isn't it! :heart:

Guessgirl96 said:

Thanks for the review of the jeans!!:D I might take the plunge and order them.. but then I have an extra pair of wax jeans and I don't really need two.

Could you possibly take a picture of you wearing both of them so I could compare?? That would really help sooo much..:flower::flower:

Btw, congrats!!

okay please forgive my ignorance...but what exactly are waxed jeans? :blush:

Is there a difference in the look and feel of the denim? please explain.

thanks. :blush::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->