Wearable fashion on the catwalk out of date?

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Adorngirl, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Adorngirl

Adorngirl New Member

Hvving seen over 7o collections at GFW, the ones I tend to remember are the crazier styles, is there still a space for the wearable items, or are they just a bit too boring. Don't get me wrong, I love things that i could just take straight off the model, but in order to stay in peoples mind designers need to keep thinking out of the box.

which would you prefer to see on the catwalk? Bear in mind you will probably view many.

#1 Adorngirl, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: Jun 28, 2010
  2. embrace

embrace New Member

I think it's useful to show ready to wear collections. For the people working as buyers for stores it's very helpful to pick up trends. The ready to wear collections are already wearable derivations of haute couture. So it takes less of ones imagination to foresee what one has got to have in ones boutique.

Personally I prefer to see the crazy haute couture stuff, because it's a lot more inspiring and allows for my imagination to run wild. But I am more of a designer than a retail buyer.

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i find this to be an odd question...

how can there NOT be room for wearable clothes?...
    :unsure:...