Wearing Make-Up in Pictures - does and don'ts

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by eastsidecouturechic, Sep 2, 2004.

1. eastsidecouturechic

eastsidecouturechic New Member

school pictures are tomorrow. i'm wearing a black dressy shirt and have the options of blue green red or gray background, i was thinking of going with the blue. or gray. what do u think?

what should i do on my eyes to make them stand out?

2. Love4Armani

Love4Armani New Member

highlight them making them kinda cat eye and outline them in nice eyeliner, then smudge.

3. eastsidecouturechic

eastsidecouturechic New Member

4. frenchconnectionuk

frenchconnectionuk New Member

if u have dark lashes, i suggest you put black eyeliner on the inside of your eye, and wear some mascara to really frame your eyes. this always works for me!

oh yeah, and use the blue background

5. Love4Armani

Love4Armani New Member

i LOVE this. try something like this. and with hair too.

6. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Blue background would be nice, but I am probably biased since I love blue. :P

In my opinion, skip the liner and everything, just go real simple; put a shimmery cream on your brow bone (below your brow) and on the bones above your cheek. Add on to that loads of mascara and a dab of clear or very sheer rasberry tinted gloss and you're set to go. :wink:

Putting on too much can be "too much" for a school picture. Btwn, what kind of school picture is it? Is it like a graduation picture or something else?

7. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

I wouldn't really slap a whole lot of makeup on for a school picture. I believe "less is more". I agree with Kimkhuu's suggestions. If you absolutely want eyeliner on, I suggest to line your top lid. Then very lightly fill spaces between your bottom lashes.

and dont forget to smile!

8. Luna

Luna offline.

I'd get a red background... I was always forced to have blue backgrounds... :P

9. hotpinky

hotpinky New Member

So I just got a job as a columnist for a newspaper and tomorrow morning is my photo shoot for the little black and white picture that's going to be next to my column each week. It's going to be seen by literally, thousands of people (AAAHH) and I'm going crazy. Help, please? Any make up tips or hair advice?? It's just a headshot, probably won't even show my shoulders...

I've got long blonde hair that I part on the side and bangs that I brush to the side, but still fall in my eyes a little...

Should I wear lots of eye make up? None on the bottom so it doesn't look like a shadow??

Help, please! :cry:

10. hotpinky

hotpinky New Member

<bump>

i know this is annoying to bump up a subject (esp when it's my own!!), and i promise to never do it again, but i really am sort of desperate... any replies would be appreciated!

and now i am done begging :flower:

11. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

I'm no expert but if the person taking your picture is the same one who took the other column pictures, you should check those out, that might give you an idea as to how much/little you should wear.
    One thing to keep in mind...red colour will turn much darker in a black/white photo than a another hue with a similar saturation.

Congrats with the job n' Good Luck :flower:

12. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

i say dont go with a whole big dose of makeup on. natural but visible i think is good for the picture. :flower:

13. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Since it'll be high-contrast, I agree that only a small amount of makeup should be necessary. You can define your eyes with eyeliner if you'd like, but use a light eyeshadow or you will develop the shadow effect. :flower:

14. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

i'd go for simple liquid liner & mascara.
    curl your lashes. & a light pinky blush.
    light creamy almost nude lip color.
    :flower:

15. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad