Websites and Online Resources to Learn about Business & Technical Aspects of Fashion

julien sorel

Reaction score
sorry if this topic has already been discussed, if it has could someone send me the link!

im launching a new clothing line and i am looking for recommendations for books/websites/information on PR???
from a fashion marketing point of view or just PR in general.

thanks.

depends on your location, budget and what the line is aiming at..
hopefully if you give us some more info we may help..

are you looking for showroom or public relations support?

i live in montreal canada.
i dont have much of a budget at all.
and everything is still in its embryonic stage....
im not looking to employ anyone at the moment...if that's what you were getting at.
i just want some general information on PR just to learn more about it -- like on simple things like sending out press releases etc...its all kind of new to me. like if i was a first year film student i might get a text book that is very vague and introductory in scope. im looking for something like that but for PR.
i just figured with anything there are usually a few authors/books/websites that are really useful.

http://www.cliffordpr.com/

I like to read through this firm's case studies. They serve so many different companies and know how to cater to different fields. Perhaps this will help you, or at least it may be a place to bookmark on your computer for future reference. Good luck.

Personal blogs on the business of fashion?

It seems like there are an overwhelming number of fashion blogs, as well as a lot of career guides, but I'm not finding many personal blogs about the business side of fashion.

I am planning a career as a fashion buyer (attending Parsons next year... deferred admission, long depressing story), but before I take the plunge I'd love to read some personal accounts of this sort of career. Blogs about work in fashion marketing, PR, merchandising, publishing, etc. also welcome.

Again, not looking for "how to" information as much as personal stories. Thanks everyone!

thats a great website, ive never heard of it before. thanks!

These threads might have some members posting here, who are buyers (and merchandisers, who are closely related) and who talk a bit about what they do in the threads. Plus, they might have a blog in their signature line. You'll have to read through the entire thread to find the right members .... but you should find the threads helpful, anyway. And I've added threads about the other professions you mentioned, all which may have members who are in those professions ... you just have to do a lot of reading to identify them.

Becoming a Buyer?
Fashion Merchandising
Fashion Marketing
Fashion Journalism
What Education is Needed to get into Magazines / Publishing?
Careers / Jobs / Positions in Magazine Publishing
All about PR = Public Relations
So You Wanna Work in Fashion Editorial /Journalism? Article.
A Career in Fashion Forecasting
Business Graduates in the Fashion Industry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know good blogs which are about the technical aspect of fashion/making clothes? Maybe people who show you the proces of things they are making, or someone who works in the industry or who analyses patterns etc. Thanks!

MetricSam, I'm not sure about blogs that will show the process 1 step at a time since I am looking for that type of blogging as well. I do blog about the clothes I make and I usually show my progress if it's a week-long project or something like that if you're ever interested.

It's kinda something like your blog I'm looking for, but on a more professional level (no disrespect to your work though:flower:)
Preferably someone who works in the industry and finds time to write about clothes in a more technical manner; not just, "ooooh, I loved the new Dior collection with all its pretty colours" and then some runway pictures, but something with a bit more substance and maybe behind the scenes material and how the collection actually was made

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->