Wek1933 : bags by Alek Wek

ChixVolta

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone had any info on the bags or what they look like.

i've seen them...don't have any pics to post...but they are quite large and classic in shape ...made of beautiful exotic skins...

and quite expensive...

:flower:

I like the brown eyeglass holder, but nothing else. The bag looks like a Birkin gone way wrong.

The line is called 1933 :flower:

I've seen some of the bags (but no pictures to post, sorry!) and I like them a lot.... :heart:

0630ll9.jpg

i lurrrrrrrrrrve these ones hehehehe

They're not my style, but I can see how they are pretty versatile for carrying lots of stuff around.

wek1933: bags by model alek wek

style207_255b.jpg

Alek’s first line, WEK1933, appeared in stores in October 2001 and consisted of 23 pieces in various shades and textures to compliment any occasion. Vivid recollections of her beloved late father’s handsome briefcase inspired the line. Alek integrated his influences into the collection as well as her brand: WEK1933, which ties together the family name with the year of her father’s birth.

The unique, top quality brass hardware and fixtures adorning the bags evoke a feeling of extraordinary craftsmanship. The generous travelable line is evocative of a past era of sophistication. WEK1933 bags are designed for longevity, intended to take their place among one’s most cherished collections.

has anyone seen these bags/have one? i think they are cool...

http://www.alekwek1933.com/

I saw them in person on a shoot I did with a class I took this summer. Some of them are gorgeous (I am remembering a croc business bag that I fainted over), but most are very plain. Good quality though.

medium u-bag, 14" x 12", desert yellow suede w/chocolate leather

MUbag.jpg

small cecile, 14" x 12", flame leather w/tangerine leather trim

style209_255b.jpg

medium adeu, 8" x 12", leaf leather

style206_255b.jpg

coin wallet

style213_255b.jpg

i love this clutch! :heart:
chocolate or mink alligator w/suede lining

aligcase.jpg

this is cool too...archaelogist bag, 9" x 12"

arch.jpg

Hmm...Very creative.

I was expecting bags that echo other designers bags but her's stand alone. They are Balenciaga-esque, not similar to anything Balenciaga has done but the bags could be sold under them without any changes.

there's already a thread on this from a while ago... i remember reading it... i'll merge the two... but on another note: i was meaning to resurrect the thread on these bags recently... i really really like them a lot, and i definitely want a lot of them!! :heart:

...oh well, i guess i better save up... :innocent:

lovely bags - she's obviously very talented as well as very beautiful :P :heart: :flower:

I :heart: the minaudiere and the :woot: archaeologist bag:woot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->