Custom Bags

tannenhauser

Reaction score
hello, i was wondering if anyone knew of a shop or a designer in nyc that makes custom bags from either leather or fabric. i have this bag i really love, ive had it for a few years now so its pretty worn out and i would like someone to recreate the same bag for me, preferably suede.
thanks!!

hello, i was wondering if anyone knew of a shop or a designer in nyc that makes custom bags from either leather or fabric. i have this bag i really love, ive had it for a few years now so its pretty worn out and i would like someone to recreate the same bag for me, preferably suede.
thanks!!

I am almost certain that you can take this issue to ArtBag (it's in NY.. I've had a bag repaired there before) It certainly won't be cheap, but they do excellent work.

luna! thank you!
i will check them out this saturday.
i went on their site and this tidbit makes me nervous:
Q. Why are your prices more expensive than my local shoe maker?
A. We employ the best handbag artisans in the country, we are not cobblers, we are the best.
haha! hopefully its not toooo too crazy.

does anyone know of another place i can go to other than artbag? id like to have 2-3 quotes for the custom bag.
thanks!

well... I brought a bag to them a year and a half ago or so...

The bag was in rough shape, it had a wooden button and a hole as a closure, which I disliked...

I had them replace out the old buttons for new buttons that I went and bought, they added a magnetic snap.. and it doesn't even look like anything was done to it. I can only assume that they opened up the lining and restitched everything just so that it looked perfect, which it does!!

Maybe I'll post photos of the alterations

First pic is the before shot. You can see the crappy buttons.
Second pic is post-artbag.

They replaced all of the buttons (center large button and side 3 buttons) as well as added a magnetic snap.

I would email them several photos of your bag... and ask if they can recreate it... or if you're gonna go see them in person, that might be even better.

Good luck!

Attachments

• ananasmango.JPG
    ananasmango.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
  • isabel.jpg
    isabel.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1
^Wow, Luna, seems like artbag really does great work. I can't tell in the "after" photos that it has been taken apart!

P.S. Love the colour of your bag too!

wow! that bag is awesome. looks so much better with the new buttons!
ok, i am totally going to artbag.
thanks!!

Q. Why are your prices more expensive than my local shoe maker?
A. We employ the best handbag artisans in the country, we are not cobblers, we are the best.

that is such an obnoxious thing to say. ace cobblers ARE among the best artisans and often can solve any handbag problem as long as they have the appropriate equipment.

luna - your bag came out lovely. that color is delish!

I guess the most obvious suggestion would be to have a go yourself? maybe de leather an existing bag and have a play with creating something you like? couture?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->