Well, the obvious trend, BLACK is OUT

we are discussing black as a next spring summer trend ,
not as this fall winter trend my dear Jesper :wink:

apart from NY, i continue not seeing much of black on the catwalks..

the fact that everyone has black in their wardrobes and will continue wearing it forever, justifies black as a classic color..

the question here is if black will continue as a being the essential trend color which emerged in fall winter 05.06, question is not if we will throw all black out of our wardrobes :wink:

Is it just me or are there other people that are seeing black EVERYwhere on the runways for S/S 06. Apart from that, I don't think black will ever go 'out'. It is always gorgeous, no matter what trends are around...

moschino had quite some black (which was boring) but Milano didnt had too much black on show mrdale..

also, please read my post above, on how we can separate viewing
*black as a classic and
*black as a trend

as far as i can see, black is NOT a summer trend for ss06 , regardless how many of us will keep wearing it (basically because our wardrobes are full of 'easily chic' black)
personally i see so much black down the streets that i'm permanetly turned off by all black looks, i find it far too 'common' to adopt, sorry :ninja:

Here's what I found after some fast digging:

00080f.jpg
00490f.jpg

Alberta Ferretti

00010f.jpg
00070f.jpg

Alessandro Del'Acqua
00070f.jpg
00130f.jpg

Anna Molinari

www.vogue.co.uk

^

Nigel Tufnel said:
It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

Bob Dylan said:
...black is the color, and none is the number

Black is the old black. Black is the new black. Black is eternal. :ninja:

Mr-Dale said:
Is it just me or are there other people that are seeing black EVERYwhere on the runways for S/S 06. Apart from that, I don't think black will ever go 'out'. It is always gorgeous, no matter what trends are around...

agreed...
lots of blk for spring...
maybe a bit too much...

but just because we buy it in the spring...
doesn't mean we can't continue to wear it past spring...
and as someone mentioned somewhere...
designers have possibly wised up to the fact that spring clothes begin to arrive in stores while there is still snow on the ground...

i assume that the earlier deliveries will contain the darker 'heavier' looks...
while the later deliveries will 'lighten up'...

I agree with softgrey, most of the collections had largely soft palettes, with bits of color here and there, but I definitly don't think vibrancy was big in the spring collections at all, and prints even less so (thank god!)

Black and it's alternative, dark navy, were all over the runways and I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually looking forward to wearing colours like black and navy for spring. It's surprisingly refreshing if the right shapes and styles are worn.

I don't really care.. I'll still wear lots of black! hehe

well, this spring I at least see a lot of black, or darker designs, black prints etc.

why not take Gucci RTW for women as an example? Really nice stuff there, an exclusive classic feel. Black jackets and black pants to striped casual shortsleeved rugby shirts, i love those, they are nice.

And if i'm not completely mistaken, the Chanel RTW had some black in it too? at least they had some graphic black/white things, really cool.

I look forward to the whole white/black graphic fabric thing. it will either be a real pain or fantastic to see that go more mainstream.

I also, which has nothing to do with a black fall, look forward to men learning how to dress more like Bottega Veneta's spring, soooo good.

Soft grey/beige shades was a returning palette, natural colors, really nice, but I'm too pale to pull that of succesfully

Jesper

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all black on pale skin
it givs off a gothic chic look

Tamar Stern said:
My mom (kati stern/Venexiana)
never forgets a little black...

I love that, it's beautiful! :woot:

(Alas I don't have anything for the talent competition.)

Bleck5 said:
I love all black on pale skin
it givs off a gothic chic look

Bleck on black. :lol:

Karma for you for enabling my pastiness and lack of wardrobe brightness! :heart: :ninja:

I love black its a classic and elegant color it goes with everything. And I think it looks fine in the spring/summer if its worn right. I think there will never be any reason to get rid of black in your wardrobe because it will never be "out" so you dont ever have to worry about it. But that doesnt even seem to be an issue this season because there is plenty of black on the catwalks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->