are sheer fabrics being phased out already?

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by luna_supernova, Mar 7, 2010.

1. luna_supernova

luna_supernova New Member

although they were featured in some fall '10 collections (aquascutum, richard nicoll, rodarte, marc jacobs, alexander wang) i was suprised at how few and far between they were, i guess i was expecting more.

i understand fashion would be a rather sad state of affairs if it weren't for evolution, change and development and sheer fabrics have been very popular in the past few seasons, but i'll be sad to see the end of this trend. (not that i'm not ecstatic at some of the new trends emerging this season i must add)

perhaps, also, the fact i live in a rather fashionably isolated country as far as the mainstream goes means i havn't had the chance to get sick of this trend as yet, if i lived elsewhere - where it took less time for high fashion to make it's way to the high street - it might be different.

so what's your opinion? have i misjudged the situation completely? or have sheer fabrics had their time in the spotlight and moved on?

2. AlexLovesIt

AlexLovesIt New Member

I don't think so. I've seen plenty of sheer fabric on the runways. Maybe less because it's the fall shows but I certainly wouldn't say sheer is over. Keep looking around and you'll see it.

3. Crimson C.C

Crimson C.C New Member

Sheer is in forever!

4. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

Hell no! Look at all the latest collections... Most recently Stella McCartney... Sheer galore!

5. emlinda

emlinda New Member

as mentioned, these were the fall collections, hard to add sheer for colder months i guess. sheer goes with everything i say. no rules and no limits in fashion. wear it! B)

http://emlinda.blogspot.com

6. ChrissyM

ChrissyM girl who fell to earth

i think sheer is still going strong...