What Are You Reading?

began "eloquence de la sardine" by bill françois, such a whimsical and funny book

About to start Little Dancer Aged Fourteen by Camille Laurens. Excited but also kinda scared.

just started The Seamstress of Sardinia by Bianca Pitzorno, I was more familiar with her children's books but I really like this (am on the second chapter).

Right now, I'm reading Looking for Trouble: One Woman, Six Wars and a Revolution by Leslie Cockburn. It is a memoir by the investigative journalist about her personal and professional life. It's very good so far. :flower:

Green Dot by Madeleine Gray. Funny and wry but I'm probably going to forget it within a week of finishing (currently about a quarter of the way through)

dropped the earlier book to go for Lies and Weddings by Kevin Kwan after a little bit of substack kerfuffle over his borrowing a last name and some posh girls feeling personally victimised.....perfect beach read stuff

the dialectics of independency - mauro marini
and trying to read the great transformation by karl polanyi

The Life & Times of Mr p*ssy (A memoir of a favourite cat) by the blogger behind Spitalfields Life.

(edit: that was the -male - cat's actual name! Not an obscenity!)

True Grit by Charles Portis. Haven't seen either of the movies, and the cute guy at the counter was very excited for me to read it so I was further convinced to buy and read 😂

Prior to that was Tokyo Express (or Points and Lines) by Seicho Matsumoto. That was fantastic. I wish there was more to the ending as it was a bit of a drab retelling of how it all happened and who did it in the end (which was a curve ball), but at the same time with crime/detective fiction there never truly is a great way to conclude them.

the world as a labyrinth / gustav rene hocke

although I haven't counted, I've read it abou 15 times already. it is said that a book which is not worthy of reading twice isn't worth reading, but I didn't read it multiple times because it has worthiness. maybe I like going into the world of the book.

Rde_50,51_Hocke_-_Manierismus_I.jpg
wiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chicbean
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->