What Are You Reading?

Psmith Journalist (continuing with the Psmith theme) I'm all for the short Penguin paperbacks these days

On Writing, by Jorge Luis Borges. It's an essay collection, and I'm rather embarrassed about taking 14 years to finish it (read about half of it back in 2010 then put it away because I didn't understand the references, a lot of the essays are reviews)

SE Hinton’s “The Outsiders”. Well, actually read it all in one go last night. Fantastically brief in the best possible way and so heart wrenching.

At first I thought it was going to go in the realm of pastiche at the start, in a “West Side Story” kind of way but it was just so honest and so human. I really felt for the characters. Related to them in some odd way. Highly recommend.

SE Hinton’s “The Outsiders”. Well, actually read it all in one go last night. Fantastically brief in the best possible way and so heart wrenching.
You should read That Was Then This Is Now by SE Hinton! I think it's loosely connected to The Outsiders somehow, but I liked it sooo much more than the outsiders when I went through all those books when I was a teen. I don't remember why I liked it more, though... :lol:

I read Blood in the Machine over the last week, it's a history of the Luddites and I must say I am now identifying as a proud Luddite!!

I’ll add it to my list!

For some odd reason, I’ve just never read any of Hintons books but my sister has and just completely flew in and over my head. Eager to read more by her though, and I think The Outsiders is a nice start. Already have Tex and Rumble Fish on my list so a third will keep me entertained -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justafyck
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->