What brands have lost their cachet this decade?

Dior and Chanel have just kind of... flatlined to me. They aren't terrible now, but John and Karl have botn sort of become stuck in a creative rut; the collections are all starting to run together, like one big, nice collection, and not a series of innovative seasons. Perhaps that's what they're going for?

I'm anxious to see what the next decade holds for Nina Ricci and Rochas. While Rochas was perfect under Olivier- I feel like he really captured the spirit- I don't know if the direction it's going in now will really catch hold. Nina Ricci, on the other hand, was perfect under Lars Nilsson in my opinion; hopefully the financial powers that be will be able to find a designer that caputres that same girlish, coquette charm and leads the brand into the lucrative direction I know it could establish.

I completely agree with the points you made here! Nina Ricci was a brand that immediately came to mind for me, Olivier, who was heralded as such a talent under Rochas doesn't spark my interest at all for Nina Ricci, it's kind of stagnant. Completely agree that Karl and John are just treading water.

Chloe rose to such a great height over the past few years, I think the brand has lost its appeal in the past couple of seasons. The looks being turned out on to the runway look over thought and over designed, none of the effortless chic girl style that catapulted the brand into the spotlight remains.

Marc Jacobs comes to mind as well.

Dior, Roberto Cavalli and Ungaro.. I don't agree with Gucci at all, their F/W 2009 collection was amazing! As is their SS 2010 collection.

Echoinh the same feelings as most Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and of course dior (yes I know i'm 'diorella' but i registed this name in 2004 when Galliano was still working it).

Dior, Valentino, and LV. Well, actually, I never took Louis Vuitton to heart...

Valentino and Ferragamo. Paco Rabanne too, assuming it had a breakout year. Ungaro this year.

Reading this thread it seams that all the biggest brands are mentioned here. So the true question would be, which brands didn't loose their cachet? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"