What brands have lost their cachet this decade?

shirleebee

Margiela's Muse
Reaction score
Just as Burberry, Coach, Lacoste, et al have enjoyed resurgent status this decade, other brands have lost a lot of cache. Some that come to mind:

- celebrity brands like "J. Lo", LAMB, Sean John, etc.
- Versace
- Gucci?
- Ungaro (lol)
- Margiela, suddenly

What other brands are popping up more often than not in discount bins these days?

uhm Burberry Prorsum is fantastic! whatcha talking about?!

kira plastinina... but then again, did that really ever have a cache?? haha

Burberry is one of the resurgent brands! One of the most stunning turnarounds ever.

I would say Helmut Lang (since Helmut left ...)

on contrary, Lanvin and Balmain have reborn ...

I'm really not sure Chloé lost its cachet (since you use the french word, i'll give the correct spelling :wink:) over this decade (Stella McCartney, Phoebe Philo ...), nor Prada or even Chanel ...

Dior and Louis Vuitton probably, since their bags and access. are worn by sooo many people ! They wanted to b everywhere, now ... they are !

Dior: i think it is very much today what chanel must have been in the post-coco pre-karl years

Gucci: tom vs frida et al

Valentino: even before he left, it was getting pretty lame. today it's just a joke

Dior and Gucci both lost it in the middle of this decade. I think Dior Homme as well.
Balenciaga on the other hand has grown so major !

Pringle have made quite a great come back... from the days of the Nick Faldo Golf Sweater fashion craze that went on in the UK...

Err I think Monogram brands have got to be commented on when it comes to fashion houses which have gone down hill... THe LV monogram being the worst... It's associated with people who need to show off... Look i've got this or that... It's awful! It was the same in the mid 90's with the burberry plaid craze...

Anything that is kinda worn by people as a one off look what i've got in yer face fashion item is wrong... and what is worse that design houses have came up with items like this!

Dior Homme, Margiela, Helmut Lang... but those all have much more to do with the departure of designers who made them what they were....

Pucci, since Matthew Williamson left :(
I used to love it, now I don´t care.

Agree with what most said.

And if you see brands that are commonly seen in the black market with rip offs/fakes i.e LV,Chanel,Gucci,Prada,Fendi etc are definitely brands that lost their prestige. Talking accessories wise which in my opinion therefore affect the brand it self.If people get what I mean?

Also most labels where original designers or those that have been awhile but suddenly leaves makes the brands itself lose that touch.In most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->