What can I wear it with?

^^A simple, unicolored dress was my first thought. Or denim shorts with a cute neutral colored blouse. Everything simple to make them stand out.

Last edited by a moderator:
betinapple, re: the turban...
i think you might feel silly initially but just like many other strong fashion looks, you need the confidence to feel like you're truly pulling it off and not constantly thinking "oh my god, i'm wearing a turban, does everyone think i look crazy"

as long as you act natural and like it's no big deal, you'll be able to make it work...

i feel like that's how i broke myself into wearing red lipstick...
was self-conscious that it was "loud" at first but now i love it :wink:

turban could also be a fun way to add some interest to a simple outfit...
whether it's slim jeans and a boatneck solid colored top (black?)...

i think there are lots of cool ways you can style it as long as you're comfortable wearing it

betinapple, re: the turban...
i think you might feel silly initially but just like many other strong fashion looks, you need the confidence to feel like you're truly pulling it off and not constantly thinking "oh my god, i'm wearing a turban, does everyone think i look crazy"

as long as you act natural and like it's no big deal, you'll be able to make it work...

i feel like that's how i broke myself into wearing red lipstick...
was self-conscious that it was "loud" at first but now i love it :wink:

turban could also be a fun way to add some interest to a simple outfit...
whether it's slim jeans and a boatneck solid colored top (black?)...

i think there are lots of cool ways you can style it as long as you're comfortable wearing it

You are perfectly right. ATM I'm thinking about wearing it with classic looks like jeans and a white shirt, tight black skirt and a white shirt, a black dress with white dots (50s style) and a black in black look. My style is not very trend-based, so it feels a little bit weird falling in love with a "trend item".

But you ARE right. Thx for a good answer. Outfit suggestions is still very welcome.

^^those sound like good outfit options ^_^
i think it's smart to keep the other stuff simple to avoid looking costumey...
kind of makes the turban look a bit simpler as a result

^^those sound like good outfit options ^_^
i think it's smart to keep the other stuff simple to avoid looking costumey...
kind of makes the turban look a bit simpler as a result

You are perfectly right :smile:

So I recently found a pair of Y-3 drop crotch pants/shorts/skirt thing (how do you explain y-3 garments anyhow?) at a Buffalo Exchange for $20 and for that price couldn't NOT get them.. but now I'm a bit lost.

I don't have a picture specifically yet, but the best way I can describe them is as loose drop crotch/harem shorts that reach to just below the knee, with the elastic leg holes in such a place that if you scrunch them up, the piece looks more like a drapey bubble skirt. It's a black jersey, a pretty luxe feeling jersey but it's still obviously streetwear/athletic type fabric.

Sort of like this, but half as poofy and eight inches shorter:
y-3-exclusive-irina-pant-black-p362-635_medium.jpg

(herviasports.com)

or like these, but a bit fuller and longer:
IMG_3204.JPG

theavailableanswer.blogspot.com

My style isn't super streetwear so I don't want to wear them with trainers like how most people style Y-3, and I also want to avoid making it look too "menswear fashion blogger circa 2009" which I think the drop-crotch has the potential to do... any styling suggestions??

I'll probably just end up wearing them with a grey alex wang racerback tank and combat boots, but if anyone has any other suggestions (or ways to dress up that look? like for the office? i work in fashion in nyc so quirky is fine) that would be great...

i would say heels without ankle straps to avoid a choppy/cankle look. also since your pants are voluminous i would say a fitted shirt like a tank or with a tailored blazer or a simple t-shirt. hope this gives you some ideas on your fantastic purchase!

Hi! I'm graduating from high school and I already bought my dress for the prom. ( I don't have a lot of time because I'm studying for the exam.) Now I have to find shoes. The dress is purpelish :smile:) ) and long. I don't wear heels usually. I thoughtI should wear heels for the dress. But I'm taller than most of the girls and I don't want to look taller than my boyfriend so they shouldn't be so high. I know it is though! But any suggestions?

^^ from a 5'10" lady who slouched herself down to 5'6" for years until coming to terms with the fact that it is a huge advantage and plenty of people are envious of it and it's attractive and basically AWESOME being enormously tall and not something I should ever be embarrassed of: I'm going to tell you to wear the sexiest, highest heels (go with a basic pump or a strappy sandal) you can find and just fracking own it, because that's what I do now, and I love it. In a few years you will look back at your prom photo and not feel awkward about it at all and feel proud of being statuesque and individual.

But if it's going to be both physically and emotionally uncomfortable for you to wear heels -- try a low platform strappy sandal, or a mid-height classic platform pump.

^Without seeing a pic of the actual dress it's hard to tell. If you don't want to wear heels, maybe some strappy sandals would look good. If it's a very delicate dress, ballerinas could work as well.

^ I think ballerinas could work well too like stated before. A pic of the dress or at least its colour would really help.

I recently purchased a zip-hoodie in an attempt to adopt a more "relaxed" look (I can't help to overdress most of the time cause I only packed my best of the best before I moved here). It's light neon-yellow, if that makes any sense, and I don't know how to wear it without looking like a slob or a hipster :P ...

^I wear hoodies with pretty much everything so my advice would be "whatever". :lol: It's a hoodie, it's supposed to be comfy and keep you warm. As long as the color fits I wouldn't give it too much thought.

new in this thread... ^_^ i need a little help! i bought this white trousers at topshop but i have no idea what to wear with it :blush:

topshop.com

new in this thread... ^_^ i need a little help! i bought this white trousers at topshop but i have no idea what to wear with it :blush:

topshop.com

They would be good for a bright look with a white tanktop, nude blazer and light shoes (nude or tan). You could also use them with coloured tops and shoes. Or with a red blouse, white blazer and nude shoes.

------

What would you wear with red tights? I used to own a pair that I loved, so I bought a new pair, but now I've got no clue what so ever about what to wear with them.

They would be good for a bright look with a white tanktop, nude blazer and light shoes (nude or tan). You could also use them with coloured tops and shoes. Or with a red blouse, white blazer and nude shoes.

------

What would you wear with red tights? I used to own a pair that I loved, so I bought a new pair, but now I've got no clue what so ever about what to wear with them.

Agree, I would wear something in bright colour - green or blue or fuchsia and nude blazer. Maybe colourful shoes, but your trousers would look good with nude/tan pumps ^_^

white trousers:

* a bright solid silk tank, espadrilles with a matching or contrasting bright detail, (i'm thinking a cobalt blue top and some pink or orange detail on the shoes) sunglasses, and a giant oversized summery bag
* if you're adventurous, you could do a cropped strapless bustier type top with an oversized blazer (oooh... also in a really bright colour) and some basic pumps
* you could go sort of nautical with a breton stripe tee, a summery sandal or espadrille again, a skinny black belt and a big floppy hat

Okay- I bought this lovely red pencil skirt the other day to brighten up my wardrobe but I'm a little unsure what to wear with it.
IgnitionSuite_Image%2834395%29.0165_red_1_medium.jpg

pic from davidlawrence.com.au (an Australian Chain store)

Any thoughts would be fab :smile:

Okay- I bought this lovely red pencil skirt the other day to brighten up my wardrobe but I'm a little unsure what to wear with it.

pic from davidlawrence.com.au (an Australian Chain store)

Any thoughts would be fab :smile:

Cute skirt :smile:

I would wear it with a creme or beige shirt and nude pumps/ballerina flats for summer. For winter you could wear it with black high heeled boots, black tights, a shirt in the same colours as for my suggestions for summer or a black/creme striped l/s tee. For both of the winter suggestions I would wear a charcoal grey cardi on top.

-----

Does noone have a suggestions about how to wear red tights? :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->