What do you use to clean your make-up brushes?

I use brush cleaner after every use and a gentle shampoo at least once a week :smile:

The MAC Brush Cleanser! It is the absolute BEST! I've repurchased this over and over again. It does such a great job of cleansing every brush, sponge, stain...etc. The price is quite generous too, in my opinion. A little bit of the product goes a long way!

um i take a wee tiny bit of my shampoo, put it in my palm, put some warm water on it to dilute it further, et voila. but i'm bad and don't clean my brushes very often.

I do the same, Meg...

Cleaning brushes is one of those things that doesn't require a specific cleaner, IMO. Like makeup remover... I use the cheapest thing possible, Vaseline, and it works like a charm.

i'm a noob. how do i keep my brushes from losing their shape after i wash them?
my brushes are beginning to have stray hairs.

^Kind of dry them with a tissue, and press them back into shape with the tissue. Then leave them somewhere open-aired to dry!

Speaking of...I need to clean my concealer brush, I've abused it so much lately :ninja:

Does anyone here use Mac Face and Body Foundation and have a really hard time getting it out of their brushes?

^I'm sure the MAC cleanser would get rid of it fast. I decided to take pics of how amazingly well it works :smile:

Original cleanser product
23112009530.jpg

After cleansing all my brushes in it (including eyes, foundation and powder)
23112009525.jpg

2nd time cleansing :wink:
23112009534.jpg

I use cinema secrets brush cleaner to clean both my personal brushes and the ones in my makeup kit, it seriously gets everything off your brushes quickly and has a sort of vanilla scent instead of that chemical alcohol smell most have.
And once a week I shampoo them all, right now I'm using this Dr. Bronner's magic soap, it's the peppermint/patchouli one. It has a lot of antibacterial and natural oils in it so it cleans really well without stripping. Then I lay the brushes flat to dry.

I've used many brush cleaners and have found that the absolute best in aspects of really deep cleaning and doing it fast is Parian Spirit, I love it!

I used to work at MAC and that's a pretty good one but it takes a long time to wash out waterproof products. Plus it's affordable.

I wouldn't use shampoo, not even baby shampoo because over time it dries out the brushes and they wont last as long. A lot of brush cleaners also have some type of conditioning agent so it helps preserve them.

I use Johnson's baby shampoo and try to clean my brushes every week.

me too! i do the exact same thing. 'cept i epic fail at maintaining the once a week routine as i get quite lazy. i do try though :smile:
if i don't use baby shampoo then i use a gentle hair shampoo. i think: if it's good enough for my hair then it's good enough for my make-up brushes. :D

estee lauder make up brush cleaner. i know i could just as well use a shampoo or something but i didnt know that when i got this so now waiting for it to run out :rofl:

I use liquid hand soap and water, then lay them out on an old towel to dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikaelasweetcandyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->