What Fashion "rule" Have You Broken Today?

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
We all have some "rules" that we break in fashion... Sometimes we're in a hurry and just throw something on, or sometimes we intentionally break them....what daredevils we are!

Let's face it, most of the time there shouldn't be any rules, but... what fashion "rule" have you broken or defied today?

Today I wore white flip flops. I've always been told not to wear shoes lighter than my outfit, and that white on your feet is a no-no... I totally disagree. When I go to the beach, I want my WHITE flip-flops. :smile: It's summer!

I followed other people's advice about what to wear, and I wasn't me :lol:

i wore black and white sweats- that are too short!... navy shoes... and a beat up white hanes tshirt to barneys. :lol: :lol: :sick: :shock: :lol: :ninja:

hey, why not?

Rules.... who's rules :lol: ! i dont follow any rules, i dress how i want and if it look good and feels good, i dont care what anyone else thinks. Sometimes people will tell you 'Oh dont wear that, because blah,blah,blah.. but most of the time its because they dont you to look better than them, so just go with your own instincts, and what makes you happy and forget about dumb rules :wink:

Originally posted by Erin@Aug 19 2004, 08:57 PM
We all have some "rules" that we break in fashion... Sometimes we're in a hurry and just throw something on, or sometimes we intentionally break them....what daredevils we are!

Let's face it, most of the time there shouldn't be any rules, but... what fashion "rule" have you broken or defied today?
Today I wore white flip flops. I've always been told not to wear shoes lighter than my outfit, and that white on your feet is a no-no... I totally disagree. When I go to the beach, I want my WHITE flip-flops. :smile: It's summer!
[snapback]339032[/snapback]​

Flip flop fellony here, as well :blush:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 20 2004, 05:56 AM
I have chipped toenail polish.

?
[snapback]339458[/snapback]​

i don't have any... :blush:

Do boys in ruffled shirts at 10 am meet your rules?

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 20 2004, 05:56 AM
I have chipped toenail polish.

?
[snapback]339458[/snapback]​

Here as well. I am wearing closed-toe shoes, however.

I'm wearing:
A red/white striped polo
A pink/white skirt with paisley
and I wore purple chinese slippers

DISCUSS!

haha yeah I didin't have clean clothes and I was just getting a facial so whatever.

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 21 2004, 10:08 AM
I'm wearing:
A red/white striped polo

DISCUSS!

[snapback]340694[/snapback]​

well, i actually find your outfit cool and fresh, i may only change the chinese slippers to bright green

fashion rules broken while on vacations
*wearing traditional Indian pareo fabrics as skirts.. for dinner they felt great
*showing up with the same bright red mini messenger bag (a-la-Prada)
each and every day wasnt too 'correct' but i didnt really care, it was fun.

Originally posted by Sugo@Aug 21 2004, 03:58 AM
I dance
Chipped toenail polish and beat up feet are my staple :wink:
[snapback]340670[/snapback]​
Ditto!! :P :lol:

<<<< Miss Fashion Faux Pas

I love it! And I still get compliments! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

I have chipped nail polish too... :ninja:

and I am wearing a heavy wool kilt in summer. but it is short so it's not so very bad. it's been sitting in my wardrobe all summer and I couldn't resist the temptation to wear it. :blush:

I'm wearing:
A red/white striped polo

Oooh red, pink and purple together? I love it!

Hey - where does one learn the "rules"? I'd love to know if I've broken any big ones! :lol:

I love chipped toenail polish!

My tee shirt is tucked in, I think that is against the "rules".

the cuffs on my jeans (wearing my shabby ones today!) have disintigrated to the point that it looks like two half circles have been cut out of the heels. I should've hemmed them two years ago. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->