What Suits a Woman ? a man's perspective...

princesita

Reaction score
get guy´s attention?

I´ve discussed this topic with my girl friend for ages, but we end up favoring what WE think is cool. Guys tend to lie when asked face to face...I mean they don´t really give the real real truth about that they like...

I mean what would be the best whole look that you really prefer in a woman?

I mean normal every day clothing and not underwear or sleazy options (I can figure that out by myself)...

This point really interests me because I think sometimes we think a lot about fashion but we miss what really men crave to see in a woman.

Is it white shirts with some buttons undone? pencil skirts? thight jeans? loose jeans? dark eyes? long hair? high heels? Suits? Thight high boots?

Go ahead!!
Tell me what is your favourite!!

princesita

that is always the best option.

but clothing wise.

they are a few looks that i really like.

i love it when girls where all white. or light tones
not tacky looking though. it's an innocence thing i think.

at the end of femme fatale kind of white. it's hot.

i also like that look with tight jeans and a baggier linen shirt. like natalia portman at the vmas

and more formal. i'm not really a cleveage kind of guy. i prefer an open back. like cate blancett at the oscars. in the black dress with a higher next, open back and gold jewelry.

as for make up. i really like smokey eyes with very subtle everything else or just soft.

antonio_banderas5.jpg

and stilettos are hot. they're hot by themselves put that togther.

i hate ankle boots.

i also hate chunky heels. for the most part it makes shoes look cheap.

knee boots with a skirt and having about 2 inches of skin showing is annoying.

random is always good too but not too out there.

hair...hmm...

i like straight. soft wavy and really curly. i'm not really for the middles. like my sister has big curly hair that looks good sometimes but most of the time it's half wavy and half frizzy. but when it was all frizzy ie fashion show it looked good.

Attachments

• STC_0632.jpg
    STC_0632.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 20
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Apr 14th, 2004 - 6:16 pm
I'm no guy...

but I'm thinking...

naked?
:rofl: [/b][/quote]
YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, besides the obvious, I like women who dress feminine yet funky. I definitely don't like masculine, or "confident" (whatever that means) looks - women who dress like that lose elegance.

I like women who dress classy, but with a avantgarde designer edge. My friend dresses in things like Boudicca bloused crisp white shirts and classic denim. I also like heels w/ a point (ala blahnik, choo, laboutin) no clunky stuff.... Boots are great when interesting (see Costume National last winter). Nothing too girly/ flowery/pastelly... I'm all about Japanese designers for women... especially Yohji. Anything by Dries always looks great. Casual- Nothing like a preppy girl (Fred Perry) w/ some edgy vintage jeans and killer heels... It's ALL About the shoes.
Also... stick to high quality leather bags w/ out logos. Let the designs speak for theselves. (Balenciaga motorcycle, MJ Stella, Any Margiella accessory, Fendi hobo bag). Always quality over trendiness. I can tell when girls are wearing crappy shoes... it's my pet peeve.
Be original... you have so many options so use them!

style I love... Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista
= HOTTTTT

I have so much to say, but at this point in time, my mind is black.
Classy, I really like classy, arent too many 16 year olds who dress classy.

I don't like really tight jeans, and those low one's, the low ones most people wear around here give the look of a walking booty, sure, some guys would like that.

For everyday, be yourself, but do it with class. Im sure that doesnt help at all.

What I like to see? call me old fashioned, but its nice to see a skirt once in a while. Think french, a beret would be nice :wink:.

I honestly can't think of what to say, but I'll remember soon as I was talking to someone about this, i think.

What Id really like to see on a lady, is a very tight fitted trenchcoat, preferebly with nothing on underneath, but thats an added bonus, I won't push my luck :smile:

OK, burberry make the sorta Trenches Im talking about, they aren't fitted enough.
This is lovely for the summer.

10401_1_large.jpg
10401_2_large.jpg
Just not this long :innocent:

Attachments

• burrrrrr.jpg
    burrrrrr.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 5
YES!
YES!
:woot:

This is my dream come true!

Your answers are being SOOOOOOOO educational!
You should charge for this lessons...(I´m kidding)

It´s so very important to learn what guys really don´t like because there are so many mistakes we make!

Go ahead boys....
Be brave and tell us all the hits and misses!

Mais bien sûr....!

I always wear what I like... but I try to make my choices as educated as possible

It´s just a little research I´m trying to make, on how men perceptions are usually absolutely different from women´s.

Fashion it´s about conveying an image...if how we looked like didn´t matter at all we wouldn´t even check ourselves in mirrors.

I just think it´s really cool to hear opinions from men, who usually stay silent. In real life a guy wouldn´t say to me that something I´m wearing looks awful, because it would sound impolite.

Knowing men´s views (if this kind of generalization could be made) adds (in my humble opinion) something good in this task of conveying an image.

Anyhow, I´ll end up wearing what I prefer but, let´s say it doesn´t hurt to learn something new.

Glad you cleared that up. You're right, it's indeed a pleasant change to hear from the "other half" for a different perspective. :wink: :flower:

There are a few key fashion looks that really turn me on.

The first is a woman who is a total siren, very seductive, but not trying to be. Think a woman kind of like Sharon Stone's character in Basic Instinct, minus the ice pick. Or a more fashionable example is the kind of woman that Tom Ford's designs for Gucci always embodied. She's strong, gorgeous, sexy without even trying, she has a sense of dangerous allure. The perfect outfit for this woman, a clingy black minidress that shows plenty of leg, but not much else, long sleeves, and a pair of lethal looking stilettoes. Sleek hair either blown straight and parted on the side so that it covers one eye, or slicked back into a tight little knot and very subtle, but oh so smoldering smokey eyes. To sum this woman up, femme fatale.

Any variation of that does it for me. It could be a woman in a very tailored suit with no top on under the jacket, it could be a woman in a slinky little dress with a mans dress shirt thrown on over it as a little bit of cover........basically anything that makes a woman look in control, makes her walk a line between seductive and potentially dangerous.

Now, this is just my personal taste, I do not think that all woman should look/be like the woman I just described. Plus, this is just my fantasy, what I actually like a woman to look like is totally subjective.

I don't like a woman who is too prissy/frilly looking. I am all for femininity, I love a woman to look like a woman, but I don't like when girls look like a little girl. I don't like frills, I don't like poofiness, I'm just not fond of overt girliness.

I also don't particularly like a woman who wears belly shirts, I like a little skin but too much is not a good thing. I love a low cut front, I love a low cut back, I love mini skirts but if they're all in the same outfit, it's too much for me, half of the sex appeal is leaving a little to the imagination. Also clothes that are too tight, to the point that they look like they're the wrong size, that's not appealing.

That's basically it, it all comes down to I love a who is sexy, seductive but still maintain a sense of class. To me, nothing is more beautiful then a woman who exudes sensuality and class in the same breathe.

This is quite educational. What about physical appearance? What about a girl turns you on? Tall women, petite women, curves, skinniness, blondes, brunettes, light eyes, dark eyes? Describe your ideal woman!

This is am example of the look and mood I like.

Attachments

• untitled_new.jpg
    untitled_new.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 60
To me, I love women on the taller side, I like women with kind of tight athletic bodies, sleek, toned but with a curvy torso, nice breasts, not huge though like most ment seem to like. I love long hair, but I'm not exclusive to it. Beautiful eyes, color isn't important, but soulful, beautiful, deep eyes. Nice legs, with a little bit of muscle, but not a whole lot, just enough to look great in heels. I'm not picky with hair color, eye color, height, weight......it all depends on the woman.

It's great when women wear something that make them feel very special and unique, something that adds an air of mystery, that begs for further exploration.

I personally love women that sport things that seem a bit more intellectual, a bit less flash and trash--though that doesn't mean less colour. Women seem to dress as if they're out to impress someone else or compete with other women and it's often annoying because you feel like you're not getting to know the real person in those clothes. I'm all for quirk, for individuality. Competence is extremely important, sophistication with texture, with shapes...and yet, at the end of the day, the most important thing a woman can and should wear is a smile.

Originally posted by datura001@Apr 16th, 2004 - 2:56 am
...and yet, at the end of the day, the most important thing a woman can and should wear is a smile.
Aww...there's my man... :lol: :heart:

I agree, even though my posts might make it seem like that's what I want every woman to be, the most important thing to me is that a woman is herself. I don't want to mold a woman into what I like, I want her to make me like her even if she isn't my fantasy woman. But if a woman is comfortable being a femme fatale type, then far be it for me to interfere :wink:

Another example of the type of woman that I like. She might kiss ya, she might kill ya, who knows? that's half the fun

Attachments

• untitled_new.jpg
    untitled_new.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"