What to do in Copenhagen?

Hanne you have definitely inspired me!!! I really want to go to Copenhagen!

I went to Copenhagen some time ago and I got impressed by the area around Istedgade close to the central station...a lot of nice shops..that I'm sure Hanne mentioned here above..

Nooo I haven't..I don't visit that part of town much, I know that in the recent years a lot of cool boutiques have popped up but I haven't really done much shopping there..maybe another danish tfs will share the lowdown on that area...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
(some part) of that area is not for sensitive souls :D

Copenhagen won't disappoint
i was there only a day (hopping over from Lund, Sweden)
and loved it!!!
i could have spent a whole lot more time there.

and i agree - the Danes are freakin' yummy lookin'
sweet eye candy

Hanne, I just wanted to thank you again since I just re-found this thread :smile: I had a great holiday and fell in love with Copenhagen.

We walked through some of Istegade and saw a lot of sex shops and some small basic food stores. We were also told that at night time that is the area where hookers and drug dealers hang out so we avoided that side of central station when walking back to our hotel late at night. Copenhagen felt really safe though, we ended up walking to most of the places (Little Mermaid at summer night is quite a sight and the walk from Nyhavn isn't that long) and didn't have any problems. :smile:

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I have a few questions about CPH since I'm thinking about going there in the fall and need to plan!

Do they carry Balenciaga-bags in "Storm" or "Holly Golightly"? Or anywherelse in CPH? (I wasn't able to find any info on that at ateliernaff.)

Also, is there anything new since Nov. that I should check out?

TIA. :-)

Paristexas is closing, but the owner is setting up a new 'darker and Japanese inspired' shop nearby according to Arena. Don't quote me on it, but I'd imagine Birger Christensen would carry Balenciaga bags.

I lived in Copenhagen 9months more or less savner KBH

I can give you some infos:

First if you are outside EU, so remember shop as much as you can to get VAT back lol(itz 20% ) so ya know.. without tax the price is not that too high in DK in comparision to other cities.

If you are a EU citizenship so.. what a pity....but enjoy shopping on Stroget
there are plenty shops there as Hanne mentioned above with details.

Remember to buy sum Georg Jensen stuffs for home improvement.
Here is the address of the outlet
Sondre Fasanvej 23A
DK-02000 Frederiksberg/Kopenhagen
Tel.: 00 45/38 34 10 04
Mo-Fr 10:00-17:00 Uhr
Sa 10:00-14:00 Uhr

think that gr8 and dont forget
Danish Design Center

HC Andersens Boulevard 27
DK 1553 København V

where ya can buy fantastic stuffs.

Be well-prepared and max yr credit card lol:-P

Cheeers

I love the danish design center http://www.ddc.dk/ - and if you go on wednesdays it's free from 17:00-21:00

From an old exhibit : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f81/exhibit-danish-design-centre-danish-framing-future-design-31244.html

On Strøget (major shopping street with mainly chain stores) you'll find Illum's Bolighus (not to be confused with Illum's) it's halfway down Strøget right next to the Royal Copenhagen (famous danish china) - Illum's Bolighus has a lot of nice interior stuff..

raskal said:
Paristexas is closing, but the owner is setting up a new 'darker and Japanese inspired' shop nearby according to Arena. Don't quote me on it, but I'd imagine Birger Christensen would carry Balenciaga bags.

ingvildel said:
Do they carry Balenciaga-bags in "Storm" or "Holly Golightly"?

Holly Golightly carries :

Ready-to-wear by: Marc Jacobs, Marni, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler, Bottega Veneta, Rick Owens, Edun, Mayle, Lucien Pellat-Finet, Queen & Belle, Dosa and Temperley
Bags by: Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta and Marni.
Shoes and boots by: Alaia, Marni, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler and Mayle.
Skincare, makeup and perfumes by: Paul and Joe and Real Purity (Holistic)
Underwear by: Lisanza.
Baby and Kids by: Marni, Violette Janvier and Hollys Baby.
Jewels by: Aurélie Bidermann and Rebecca Elbek.
Hats, socks and Accessories: Anat Fritz, Marni, Balenciaga, Antipast and more.

The store is located on Gammel Mønt 2
Opening hours:
mon-thurs : 11-18
fri : 11-19
sat : 11-16
sun : closed

map to guide you to location

Hanne said:
Holly Golightly carries :

Ready-to-wear by: Marc Jacobs, Marni, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler, Bottega Veneta, Rick Owens, Edun, Mayle, Lucien Pellat-Finet, Queen & Belle, Dosa and Temperley
Bags by: Marc Jacobs, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta and Marni.
Shoes and boots by: Alaia, Marni, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler and Mayle.
Skincare, makeup and perfumes by: Paul and Joe and Real Purity (Holistic)
Underwear by: Lisanza.
Baby and Kids by: Marni, Violette Janvier and Hollys Baby.
Jewels by: Aurélie Bidermann and Rebecca Elbek.
Hats, socks and Accessories: Anat Fritz, Marni, Balenciaga, Antipast and more.

it is just for woman!!!! I think

A very good place I think is
www.1206.dk

they have marc jacobs, sonia rykkel ect..

check it out

This is an excellent thread. I was in Copenhagen for about a day and a half (saturday night-monday morning) last year, so I didn't get any shopping done, but I'm using it as the start/end location for a trip starting in the middle of August. I'll be sure to save those restaurant recommendations, but as far as shopping goes, I want to limit it to a few stores since I'll probably be out playing tourist most of the day.

Baizilla mentioned Storm and ParisTexas. These are the sort of stores I'd be interested in. Are there any other spots that stock similar men's designers? I didn't look closely at Hanne's maps, so they may already be noted there, but any help finding them is also appreciated. Last year I stayed on Bredgade between the Palace and Nyhavn and this year's hotel is within a couple of blocks. I walked down the shopping street between Kongens Nytorv and Tivoli/the train station a few times, so I'm generally familiar with all of that. I assume I could catch the subway/train to just about anywhere else from the station below Kongens Nytorv.

Also, I'll be in Riga, Bergen, Oslo and Stockholm. Would Stockholm or any of the others be a better shopping bet? And, can I expect to catch the tail end of any sales in mid to late August?

Thanks!

sounds nice, Visc :woot:

Copenhagen is the place to be, if you want to see some beautiful architecture, and get some culture...
however it is not the place to be when you need to do some shopping...
Danish buyers are very hesitant when it comes to buying designers which are rather unknown to the general public.. therefore you'll see a lot of Eurotrash labels... because they know that those designers will sell. (This is only menswear though... because the womenswear selection is absolutely amazing.)

With that said.. there is a store located on the pedestrian street/strøget called Mads Nørgaard.. which stocks CdG SHIRT, Margiela etc. but the selection is very poor.

ParisTexas is closed now.

Storm is a nice store, last time I checked, they were stocking Junya Watanabe, Burberry Prorsum, A.P.C., Dries, and Dior Homme.. located next to Storm, is the Acne Jeans store.. it is always worth stopping by if you want to stock up on some high quality basics.

There is also a store called 1206.. that stocks designers like Marc Jacobs, Y-3, Annhagen, Gaspard Yurkevich, Kris Van Assche, Xavier Delcour, Atelier LaDurance etc.

Then there is Birger Christensen, which stocks.. Alexander McQueen, YSL, Miu Miu, Jil Sander etc.

I hope you'll have a great time in Copenhagen :flower:

The wellknown danish label Day Birger et Mikkelsen opened some time ago a concept store in Copenhagen worth visiting for those who like the label:

Pilestræde 16
1112 Copenhagen K

Map to location (located behind Illum department store, around the corner from the Gucci store and close by Tekinoktay Finest Lingerie (mentioned previously in this thread) ).

Attachments

• day birger et mikkelsen.jpg
    day birger et mikkelsen.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2
raskal said:

I wonder how dark and Japanese the menswear will turn out to be... after all this is Copenhagen...

Bruno & Joel on Pilestræde 41 stocks: N.D.C. and Premiata

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abbgg
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->