What to wear for the holidays

Caramel

Reaction score
What will you all be wearing for this year's Christmas parties??

So far I've bought a black satin dress in a 50's cut; fitted bodice, fuller skirt (any tips for accessories by the way?), which I think I'll wear to my bf's work-do, because it will be at a very posh hotel, kind of old-school glam. Other than that, no plans.

How about you??

:cry:

Oh god. Please don't make me think.

I completely forgot about the Christmas bashes, and was planning my New Years outfit.

My boyfriend's company is having a big Christmas party this year so I'm not sure what to wear. I really like pantsuits but he loves me in dresses.

Something to show off my legs I'm assuming.

Problem is, I'm much younger than everyone there. I don't want to dress "too young". <<<<Here is where the problem is when you are dating someone older than you!!!

Here's one of my fave new party outfits. Black stovepipe trousers, black turtleneck, open, no closure hip-length jacket woven with red kimono silk -- that is, a primarily red patterned kimono was taken apart in strips and woven into this jacket so you see the red but bits of the pattern as well. Hard to describe but very cool to see. :woot:

Originally posted by BabyJ@Nov 26th, 2003 - 10:46 am
:cry:

Oh god. Please don't make me think.

I completely forgot about the Christmas bashes, and was planning my New Years outfit.

My boyfriend's company is having a big Christmas party this year so I'm not sure what to wear. I really like pantsuits but he loves me in dresses.

Something to show off my legs I'm assuming.

Problem is, I'm much younger than everyone there. I don't want to dress "too young". <<<<Here is where the problem is when you are dating someone older than you!!!
Go with simple, and classic. Something in a solid colour perhaps?

You can make it feel more stylish and "you" by choosing an interesting hemline, or putting wonderful accesories with it.

I guess the best advice would be don't go with super trendy shopping mall style clothing. But instead, a "Sex and The City" inspired outfit would be great. Show's that your mature, but keep up on todays fashions.

Hope I helped :flower:

My pink vintage Chanel blouse with a 80's high waisted skirt with a pair of sexy pink prada shoes.

I'm going to be on holidays in Thailand over christmas so will probably be wearing something light and comfortable. Lots of cute dresses hopefully.

Originally posted by BabyJ@Nov 26th, 2003 - 9:46 am
BabyJ- I have the exact same problem when I go to anything related to my boyfriend's work!!!He's only 3 years older then me, but what a difference it makes at these parties!! :ninja:

Originally posted by Caramel@Nov 26th, 2003 - 9:33 am
What will you all be wearing for this year's Christmas parties??

So far I've bought a black satin dress in a 50's cut; fitted bodice, fuller skirt (any tips for accessories by the way?), which I think I'll wear to my bf's work-do, because it will be at a very posh hotel, kind of old-school glam. Other than that, no plans.

How about you??
me too :shock: except ther're from my grandmother. she gave me a few of her old dresses. my favorite is a black dress w/ full skirt and fitted bodice w/ rhinestone trim :heart:

Originally posted by pinkcouture+Dec 5th, 2003 - 12:45 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinkcouture @ Dec 5th, 2003 - 12:45 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-BabyJ@Nov 26th, 2003 - 9:46 am
BabyJ- I have the exact same problem when I go to anything related to my boyfriend's work!!!He's only 3 years older then me, but what a difference it makes at these parties!! :ninja: [/b][/quote]
Pink,

Be glad its only 3 years difference you two have! George and I have 15 years difference. His partners are all married with children and so are his business associates, meanwhile you have me, a student!

I decided on a dress. It's a black dress that has the "spanish frill" on the bottom. Very nice dress. With a nice pair of black heels. I'm just trying to decide if I want to do black overkill and go with a black coat, or if I should bust out the white one!!

And as for hair, I'm thinking of straightening it and having it half up, half down and little curl tendrills in the front.

I've just bought a plum coloured satin dress... it's a-line, cut to the knees, and has a deep neckline, so the dress is quite 20's-ish. I might tie a vintage fringed skinny scarf that I have around the waist. I'll wear vintage rhinestone clips in my hair (which is short) with long chandelier earrings, and a vintage beaded bag in black. still working on finding shoes. :wacko:

I'm wearing a vintage pin-up/glammy halter, trousers, strappy sandals with silver crystal encrusted bead details, evening gloves, a big (3 inches) silver crystal-encrusted bangle, retro waves in my hair, and classic red lips.

Haven't even started to think about NYE yet, but I'll probably be in Niagara Falls, where I'll be freezing my tushie off.

Originally posted by utopia@Dec 6th, 2003 - 7:30 am
I've just bought a plum coloured satin dress... it's a-line, cut to the knees, and has a deep neckline, so the dress is quite 20's-ish. I might tie a vintage fringed skinny scarf that I have around the waist. I'll wear vintage rhinestone clips in my hair (which is short) with long chandelier earrings, and a vintage beaded bag in black. still working on finding shoes. :wacko:
:heart: utopia !

that outfit sounds so like you, Utopia! nice to have you back, BTW :heart: :flower:

well, i have a satin skirt in burgundy, but no top. B) don't want to wear it with a black top...

Originally posted by enrichi@Dec 6th, 2003 - 10:51 am
I'm wearing a vintage pin-up/glammy halter, trousers, strappy sandals with silver crystal encrusted bead details, evening gloves, a big (3 inches) silver crystal-encrusted bangle, retro waves in my hair, and classic red lips.

:wink: :woot: soudns cool!

*black sleeveless vinage top all done up with pailletes
*dark grey mens-styled trousers with slight flare..
*huge red paillete flower on my hair

(i may need to add a bright grass green roll neck under this if the night is too cold, hope not ..)

I changed my mind about the dress (decided that dresses doesn't suit me, they swamp me somehow :ninja: ), so instead I'm gonna go with a black skirt in a similar style (50's style full skirt). But I'm having a hard time deciding on accessories; I have two alternatives:

1. Black scoopneck top with tiny silver rhinestone detail, diamond stud earrings, vintage embroidered silver envelope clutch, and black round toe, t-bar shoes.

2. Black corset top, chandelier earrings and bracelet in antique gold, vintage black satin clutch and vintage gold stilletto sandals w/ rhinestone detail.

What do you think??

Black dress
Chanel jumper set
Diamond studs
Black shoes

My family tend to dress formal at Christmas.

Originally posted by Caramel@Dec 8th, 2003 - 1:35 pm
1. Black scoopneck top with tiny silver rhinestone detail, diamond stud earrings, vintage embroidered silver envelope clutch, and black round toe, t-bar shoes.

2. Black corset top, chandelier earrings and bracelet in antique gold, vintage black satin clutch and vintage gold stilletto sandals w/ rhinestone detail.
I think it depends on the corset and the mood of the function. If it's going to be very glam, go with number two. Otherwise you might end up feeling like an overdressed librarian.

Not that there's anything wrong with that look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->