What to wear for the holidays

wow! those shoes are gorgeous? since when do you have a digi cam softie????

why dont u try some tropical looks... keep it fresh... mabye white kinda tropical dresses...

thanks ladies...i'm pretty pleased with them... :flower: :heart:

pointup...my new toy... ^_^ :P

oh man - I resisted buying the peacock shoes today in Reiss. did i make the wrong call?

well helena...while they are not extraordinarily practical...they are extremely special...and with wedges being big for spring...it seems that they will be a reasonably good investment...

but i also go to a number of work-related evening events and openings throughout the year that i can wear them to... really depends on your priorities and lifestyle ... i have quite a lot of special ocassion clothes...

how's this for a more casual party outfit?... or maybe just for going out with friends...?

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 50
yes that looks lovely softgrey - whats the silver thing? You suit a short skirt! sexy!

As you know I have lots of dinners i have to go to so I feel like I need more eveningwear than I would have had in the past - I was really swithering about the shoes. I went back to see them four times! I also took my sister -to see them- she really liked them but we were in a rush so I didn't have much time to decide.....

the silver thing is a sequin scarf...from oasis i think...didn't you have the same one in another colour?...i thought you did... maybe blue...?

anyway...thanks for the compliment... :flower:

if you are thinking that hard about the shoes..it might be a bad sign...did you put them on?...because the second i did, i knew i couldn't leave the store without them... :blush: :P
there was not a doubt in my mind... :innocent:

and then i bought the other ones as welll... :woot: :ninja:

maybe you can see the scarf better here?...

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 46
hehe softie, you have great legs!! I love seeing pictures of you and your outfits. So glad you invested in a digicam.
--About the scarf. I remember you saying they now have similar ones at Gap. And I was there yesterday and saw them!!! I quite like them actually. They have silver and gold there...I'm pale and not sure which would go better with my coloring. Anyway just wanted to say I think they are fab.

yes I see it better there. so nice. yes I have the blue one - haven't worn it yet though. I know what you mean about my deliberating over the shoes - I suppose the main thing that made me swither is their height - they are higher than any shoes i have & with my small feet, I don't want to wobble about like I can't walk. However I could just practice. Also I was thinking of a rather lovely back sofia kokosalaki dress on yoox which is only £50 more £££.

just practice helena!!! But now i'm curious as to the sophia kokosalaki dress....

:blush: aww...thanks meg...yes...i like the scarf to dress up an outfit..but also with jeans... if i could have found copper or bronze though...that is what i would have gotten...my friend bought the gap one in silver and black...i think black is really good but it's sold out a lot of places...

yes helena...what kokosalaki dress?.... :huh: :lol:

the gap here still has the black. hmm....I have a thing where I get 30% off on Thursday. Am thinking I might want to get some. now I'm not sure what color I want....I like that they can be belts too.....

the sequinned scarf I bought yesterday is dull grey sequins - like pewter. I am obsessing about shoes now though.

yes I like the sequined scarfs at GAP but alas, I'm way too poor to spend 40-50 on a sequined scarf... So I decided to head to the fabric store and make my own!!

Softgrey your shoes remind me of these but yours are better. Also what are planning on wearing with those for the holidays?

Attachments

• Alberta_Ferretti_feather_wedges.jpg
    Alberta_Ferretti_feather_wedges.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 10
We actually dress up for the holidays ourselves, so I thought that a little bit of imaginary outfitting might be fun. :flower: Mine is from Bluegirl...

Attachments

• bluewinter.jpg
    bluewinter.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 26 2004, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't actually go for a heavier shug, since it might not be the most flattering. I have to admit that I personally don't like either... Anyhow, maybe a simple dress with a short, fitted jacket overtop? I'll try to find a picture for you.
There! What I really meant was a bolero. :blush: :flower:
[snapback]440950[/snapback]​
Another possible example for you, by Valentino.

Attachments

• valentino.jpg
    valentino.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 8
Originally posted by highheels@Nov 29 2004, 10:49 AM
Softgrey your shoes remind me of these but yours are better.  Also what are planning on wearing with those for the holidays?
[snapback]443022[/snapback]​

hee..i remember those...but i hate the feathers...personally...
isn't it great how something from a chain store can be even better than designer runway stuff?... :woot:

what i'm planning ot wear is a bohemian style vanessa bruno dress like the marni one below but all black...and with this chloe necklace ...the dress has a VERY deep V...
i also think i will wear black opaque tights so that the gold and the colours pop against the black... :flower:
and this copper carlos falchi bag...it was too plain so i put the green/blue swarovski rhinestone brooch on it
:flower:

Attachments

• marnidress.jpg
    marnidress.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 5
  • chloenklc.jpg
    chloenklc.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 4
  • chloenklccloseup.jpg
    chloenklccloseup.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 0.jpg