What's Your Favorite Fashion Magazine & Why?

Let me see:
KERA (<-y'all probably wouldn't like this one, it's more street than chic)
SHOXX
NYLON
flaunt
Jane
Cream (i :heart: auzzies)
French Vouge
Fruits
Zipper

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 21st, 2003 - 4:30 pm
Euro/UK mags: "Purple" is by far my favorite. Followed by "Self Service","NºA-Z" from Antwerp. "Exit" is another I enjoy quite alot but might be too expensive for subscriptions. Another,Sleazenation,i-D,Dazed,L'Officel,Citizen K aren't bad either.

Some of my recent finds I adore is: "Crash" from Paris and "Style & The Family Tunes" from Berlin.

And a couple Japanese mags that might interest ones is "Composite" and "Hi-Fashion"

I don't really like American Vogue or Elle unless they have an article I like in which case,I rip it out and toss into the garbage bin :blush:
Hey, Scott, where do you get this magazine "NºA-Z" from Antwerp, I never heard of it (I'm in NYC).

I also agree with you on "V", started out well, but became the little Stephen Gan recyclable clique...

I'm surprised noone mentioned "Dutch", I think it's a cool magazine.
The only one I subscribe to is Surface, it's hit or miss, but I loved the last issue devoted to men's style (starting with the editorial that mocked "metrosexuals")
I also like Purple, I.D. and Wallpaper, Arena Homme+ is not bad also. WWD is pretty good for business news.

I absolutely despise the mainstream american magz, such as vogue, elle, cosmo, etc... It's nothing but gossip and boring clothes, IMHO. I personally don't give a damn what celebrities wear...

Originally posted by faust+Feb 4th, 2004 - 9:31 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Feb 4th, 2004 - 9:31 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Dec 21st, 2003 - 4:30 pm
Euro/UK mags: "Purple" is by far my favorite. Followed by "Self Service","NºA-Z" from Antwerp. "Exit" is another I enjoy quite alot but might be too expensive for subscriptions. Another,Sleazenation,i-D,Dazed,L'Officel,Citizen K aren't bad either.

Some of my recent finds I adore is: "Crash" from Paris and "Style & The Family Tunes" from Berlin.

And a couple Japanese mags that might interest ones is "Composite" and "Hi-Fashion"

I don't really like American Vogue or Elle unless they have an article I like in which case,I rip it out and toss into the garbage bin :blush:
Hey, Scott, where do you get this magazine "NºA-Z" from Antwerp, I never heard of it (I'm in NYC).

I also agree with you on "V", started out well, but became the little Stephen Gan recyclable clique...

I'm surprised noone mentioned "Dutch", I think it's a cool magazine.
The only one I subscribe to is Surface, it's hit or miss, but I loved the last issue devoted to men's style (starting with the editorial that mocked "metrosexuals")
I also like Purple, I.D. and Wallpaper, Arena Homme+ is not bad also. WWD is pretty good for business news.

I absolutely despise the mainstream american magz, such as vogue, elle, cosmo, etc... It's nothing but gossip and boring clothes, IMHO. I personally don't give a damn what celebrities wear... [/b][/quote]
faust, I agree with you about the mainstream American mags. They seem to have the same handful people on the cover all the time and they focus too much on celebrities (who hire stylists to tell them what to wear anyway). Cosmo and Marie Claire do an OK job of showing styles for everyday women but have to many sex-related articles. Women have other issues to think about.

i dont know
i :heart: vogue!
australian vogue is going down hill lately.
so this year, i got my very first, uk vogue, then us vogue, then Vogue Italia!
OMG>..
I'm addicted to them now! :blush:

US vogue,Italian vogue,Vogue UK,Harpers Bazaar,W and [From time to time] Nylon

mainstream: Italian Vogue

fresh: Self Service

Does anyone know if the new VOGUE HOMMES INTERNATIONAL for S/S 04 is out now?

Thanks

Originally posted by scheiked@Feb 8th, 2004 - 6:03 am
Does anyone know if the new VOGUE HOMMES INTERNATIONAL for S/S 04 is out now?

Thanks
NOT in the UK , yet . :(

I bought a subscription , and it's not arrived , yet . :unsure:

KIT :innocent:

I would say
V magzine
Arena homme plus
Men's nonno from japen
Men's G from japen
Another magzine
and gap press homme

From the men's fashion point of view :-

Apart from Vogue Hommes International Mode
Arena Homme Plus
Numero Homme

There are , for those who just want a record of super shots of all the Paris , Milan etc men's collections

L'Uomo Book
Collezioni Uomo

I once nearly bought a copy of the Japanese publication , Gap Homme , in Barcelona , some years ago , but decided not to do so when I realised it cost over £100 !!! ( or the equivalent in pessetes ) .

I tried to obtain the new ' V Men ' magazine last autumn , but it was not available in the UK , as only 25000 copies were printed , and those were only for the USA , according to Fashion Wire Daily .

KIT :innocent:

Vivi
Men's Non-No

Harper's Bazaar
Gap Press Collections (so expensive though :cry: )

I like to read U.S. Vogue, Lucky Magazine, in style, and non-no from japan (womens!) :P

Elle (American, UK and sometimes Swedish)
Marie-Claire (American and UK)
Tatler and Vouge now and then

Im actually more into interior magazines.. I get like 4-5 a month

Men's non-no
Women's non-no
popeye
street jack

I'm heavily influenced by japanese fashion, so I buy japanese fashio magazines religiously.

any links to non-no magazine guys? never heard of it :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DsgnaWW1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->